disney payment

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Ariel2, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

Do you pay the whole amount up front? Or just the deposit? With the exxhange should I pay it all now or wait till January?
    Also, when I booked it mentioned something about rates going up I would have to pay the difference. Is that true?

As well, where do you park in Buffalo? I am suppose to fly to mco right?

If something happens like a snow storm, what should I be doing?
    Thank you

2. realfam

realfam Member

OK here some answers for ya,
    When you book you just put a deposit down. ; Depending on what you book depends on when it is due. ; ie I have booked 5 nights for the marathon weekend at PORS (hotel only), I paid the deposit of $150 and pay the balance at check in. ; (To comment on your next question), because the stong CDN dollar I am paying it off in full right away (totally optional but advisable with a strong dollar, I'd say)
    Once they quote you a price and you book it those rates will not go up. ; Only time you could be subject to new rates would be if you changed your reservation in any way.
    We live just north of Toronto and almost always fly out of Buffalo to MCO. ; My current january flights are with Southwest and I got them for $84 pp direct flight including taxes and luggage each way.
    Regarding parking, the one thing our family always likes to do is take advantage of the Sleep Inns park'n slepp package. ; (This eliminates problems with snow storms, boarders, etc). ; The package is usually around $125 includes 1 nights accomend (night before flight), breakfast for 4, parking of your vehicle for up to 2 weeks, shuttle to and from the terminal. ; Makes life really easy!

3. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

Thank you for all that wealth of information!

Darn the exchange just went up today!

wow thats a great deal. If we dont stay, how much is parking for the week? Is there different parking lots like at Pearson?

4. realfam

realfam Member

The parking lot is part of the airport and its $50 per week and $10 per additional day.

5. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

You can get a parking coupon for Buffalo Long Term A parking http://www.buffaloairport.com/parking_coupon.asp it's much closer than B parking lot.

I never pay the whole amount up front. I got a US Visa and US dollar account when the exchange rate is favourable I buy US$ and keep it in my account. I have been doing Priceline lately and been getting rooms for $40 close to the airport and parking at the airport for $50 a week. I have found the Hotel shuttle services to be spotty and slow at times but if you're planning on staying on the day of your return then the hotel packages might be worth it. I just took advantage of the Southwest deals also I haven't flown out of Toronto in 5 years.