DCA Disney Animation Building

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Scottwdw, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

This attraction surprised me and feel it is a must do for the Disney fan when visiting Disney's California Adventure.

[​IMG]
    Beast's Library by Scottwdw, on Flickr

2. Pops

Pops Member

Awesome photo - looks like a painting. ; Is this an actual attraction? It wasn't there my last trip.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

And the rose above the fireplace is phenomenal. ; A definite must in the animation building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Yes, it is....it has been there since the beginning. ; I know this room has been.

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Next time you go, seek it out. ; The building is hard to notice if you do not look up. ; The entrance is nothing which would catch your attention.

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

You will also find the 3-D Toy Story Zoetrope on display here.

[​IMG]
    3-D Motion by Scottwdw, on Flickr

A zoetrope is a device that produces the illusion of motion from a rapid succession of static pictures. For 3-D, Disney used small statues. When seen in person and at the proper speed, you see Woody and the gang moving in real space. Knowing how static that would look in a still image, I used a slow shutter speed to show you have fast the zoetrope was moving.