Counting down to the Next Disney Trip (Yep...again!)

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by zackiedawg, Dec 19, 2008.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well Mousefest is over, and I'm already getting the itch to get back to Disney. Just have to motor through the holidays and New Year, then count down the days in January before I'll be back up there again.

Next trip will be: Saturday, January 24 through Wednesday, January 28, 2009...staying at the Boardwalk Villas. I'll be driving up in the morning on Saturday so I can spend most of that day enjoying the parks...and leaving at checkout on Wednesday.

So if anyone else will be in the World during those dates, and wants to meet up for a hello or a drink or both...let me know!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. zackiedawg

22 days and counting down! Just 3 more weeks, and Boardwalk 1-bedroom villa awaits my arrival.

3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

neat!
    for the first time in many years, Dina and I have no reservations.

4. Woo! Ive got about 35 days (and some hours) until our trip we won. Boardwalk 1 bedroom here we come!

5. goofy101

goofy101 Member

114 long days to go for me

6. zackiedawg

Nice Mainstreet! I still can't believe I even know anyone who won something like that. I'm about the unluckiest schmo there is when it comes to giveaways or lotteries and such!

Craig - What do you mean 'no reservations'??!! Get to it, my man! :)

Goofy...I don't know if I could go that long without Disney...I guess I'm fairly lucky to have it so close by - I could run up just for a day if I was jonesing. But don't think about your long wait right now - put it out of your mind and it'll be here before you know it.

7. goofy101

goofy101 Member

That is the biggest trouble about living in the UK it is a expensive trip for us though we do try to get over to Florida every 18 months or so. On the plus side when we are over it is for 2 or 3 weeks at a time.

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

8 days for me. just daddy & the little man for a quick WDW junket. will try to unleash the mark2 a little bit- if I am allowed to.

9. Paul

Paul Member

awesome! will you let the little guy use your "old" camera

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Oh, all you lucky January visitors. I have to wait until the last week in February. :p About 40 days from now.

11. zackiedawg

Almost there...ticking down! By this time Saturday, I should be headed down to the Boardwalk, having checked in to my Boardwalk View-villa, and strolling through the Int'l Gateway to enter Epcot.

Can't wait!

12. BB3126

BB3126 Member

I envy you! We have to wait till the last week in April before we go. Staying again at POFQ our favorite. love the muffaletto's and French doughnuts(who can spell the correct name)

13. gary

gary Member

biegnets

14. BB3126

BB3126 Member

even if I can not spell them I can order and eat them, They are almost as good as the one in New Orleans at Cafe Dumon

Thanks for the gramatica help gary

15. eh just point to the menu and say "I want that" ;D Thats pretty much my plan when I go to Teppan Edo!

16. BB3126

BB3126 Member

I think I want to retire and go to work at WDW part time. Just enough to pay for my Disney habit

17. zackiedawg

Hey...that's what my aunt did! She moved to Orlando from New Jersey when she retired about 20 years ago, and after a few years of being bored out of her mind, she decided to grab a part-time gig at Disney, which was close to her house. She's now in her mid-eighties, and still working there - it keeps her young!

I'll definitely be hitting some beignets - they are tasty (but can't quite touch Cafe Du Monde's originals, or their wonderful chicory coffee)...I love to boat over to French Quarter from Marketplace just to stroll the grounds and stop by for a coffee and a snack.

Of course, Boardwalk's got its own bakery that makes some fresh, delicious goodies - so I'll be frequenting that alot during the stay...especially if I get my Boardwalk-view villa I'm hoping for, as the Boardwalk was just a quick jaunt down 1-flight of stairs.

And Saturday night I'll likely be at ESPN Club enjoying some Boo-Yeah Chili with cheddar and onions while watching the NHL Skills Competition!

18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Oh, yeah, now you're talking!

19. BB3126

BB3126 Member

may have to explore the bakery at Boardwalk for some pastries one morning along with coffee, seeing some of the other resorts is one thing we wanted to do this trip, French Quarter is so quiet and easy going one of the reasons we enjoy it so much , along with shorter bus lines

20. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Oh, I think you'll like the Boardwalk Bakery...

[​IMG]