Coronado Springs

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by sstjean, Nov 26, 2006.

1. sstjean

sstjean Member

Starting it all off. Pics from 2003.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

excellent series. this was my first on property experience at wdw and it was a nice play to stay. but... the place is HUGE!

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

very huge! Stayed there in 1998 - there was a conference there for EMS.

In fact I ended up taking a 360 degree panoramic stitch shot from the center island there. I should fetch it and post it.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Here it is:

[​IMG]

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Very nice shots- I love Coronado Springs!

6. Ryan

Ryan Member

Coronado is great! I will say that a few weeks ago when I was there, the housekeeping was horrible! ; Our third day there we called up Housekeeping and asked for some new shampoos/soaps. Our supplies had mysteriously not been replenished the day prior. When we came back that evening we found 2 large plastic bags FULL of products, randomly selected. I found this to be a slap-in-the-face and will probably try another resort when were down again (hopefully) in March.

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Coronado is wonderful, yes it is huge, but I really like this place.

8. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

We have stayed ther a couple times & LOVE the place. Here are a few shots I took during my stay there in December 07.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I've stayed there twice - it's not my favorite resort overall, but I love all Disney resorts for some reason or another. ; The grounds are huge but beautifully done. ; Even when I don't stay there, I usually visit the resort on every trip to Disney, as I use Maya Grill as a great alternative restaurant when the parks are crowded since I don't do ADRs, but still want a nice meal. ; It's a quick drive and an easy walk in. ; Here are some of my Coronado shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[attachimg=1]

I've probably got some more, but they're not uploaded.

[attachment deleted by admin]

10. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Cooleo, that pool shot is awesome!
    Justin your night shots are awesome!

We stayed at Coronado a couple of times too. HUGE! Wow, what a walk to grab breakfast!

11. zackiedawg

Thanks Craig. ; It is huge, isn't it! ; If you're lucky enough to be in one of the sections right near the main house, the walk isn't too bad - but if you're at the far end...WHEW! ; One of the few places I'd be tempted to jump on the golf carts when they're coming around.

12. gary

gary Member

we stayed there mid april 2003, for a nursing conference, we had requested casita 4 at time of res, and we got it, i did that because in my internet research i had learned how big it is, easy walk to the main area for the conference days, and right out the back to bus stop 2
    my wife loved the place so much so that she's been wanting to stay there every trip since, but i am not about to use dvc points for that
    we are staying 5/3-5/10 at saratoga springs, but will be driving over to coronado daily 5/6-5/9 for this years nursing symposium
    so we may try for the maya grill as i have heard it's decent food, never did eat there in our week stay, karen loves the pepper market

13. zackiedawg

Maya is definitely good - the bread is wonderful, with the olive oil, cilantro, parsley, & garlic dip...and all the meats are nicely fire-grilled. ; Always a fine meal there - usually eat there 4 or 5 times a year.

I stayed at Casitas both times I've been there too - once by luck (though it was the farthest away you can be in Casitas) and the other by request. ; Now that I think of it, I've stayed at Coronado 3 times, not two...I forgot I stayed there for a few nights during Mousefest 2006 before switching to my Saratoga Springs DVC...I stayed in Cabanas, in the building closest to the bridge to the main building. ; It was not bad at all for the walks, and I could use the main building bus stop.

14. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Thanks Craig. I scoped it out before ever staying there & then I requested Building 9B, facing the center of the Resort, ; both times we stayed there. I got it both times & was only a 3 minute walk from the Main Bus Stop or any of the amenities in the Main Building. Also, the same distance from the Main Poo & had a Beach with Hammock right out my front door. Spectacular spot.

15. zackiedawg

With a little help from my Topaz experiment, I recovered two throwaway photos of Coronado that I was able to get something usable out of:

Taken hand-held last December with my DSLR - didn't hold it steady enough:

[​IMG]

Taken 2005 or 2006, with a Sony L1 ultracompact 4MP camera - the sky was horribly blown out and the building mostly in shadow/silhouette:

[​IMG]

16. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots everyone! ; Thanks for posting them.

17. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Great job Justin. I Love the way CSR reflects off the lake at night.

18. gary

gary Member

Re: Coronado Springs

a couple of the pool at night, we went and had dinner at spoodles on the 2nd full day of the conference and went back to the coronado for a few night shots, here are 2 of the pool area, i wish i could have found an angle to leave out that chrome pool rail, but i just could not make it happen and get the whole pyramid base in

[attachment deleted by admin]

19. zackiedawg

Dug up one more of the place, taken one night after dinner at Maya Grill, when I only had my little subcompact with me. ; I steadied it by holding it down with one hand on the rail, and used P mode (there is no manual mode) spot metered off of a dark area on the roof of the cabana to force a longer shutter. ; I love this little lakeside bar area:

[​IMG]

20. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Here are a few more I dug up from November '06 when I first checked the place out (about a month prior to our first stay there).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]