Characters in Flight

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Scottwdw, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I did not get to go on the Characters in Flight hot air balloon as it was a little too breezy for me. ; It moves quite a bit up there! ; Post your photos of this lighter than air attraction at Downtown Disney.

[​IMG]
    Sunset with Character by Scottwdw, on Flickr

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Excellent colors in the sky Scott!!

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Scott those colors are brilliant! ; Nice job! ; I haven't made it up there yet, but I am planning on it.

4. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Nice picture- it is startling how much that thing moves around on a windy day. ; :eek:

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Awesome colors on the clouds! ; Nice work Scott!

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Here's one from below...[​IMG]

And one from above... [​IMG]

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

scott that one is mint, my friend. ; 'grats.

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thanks...I was sitting near Fulton's waiting to check in for dinner when I looked up and there it was. ; Sometimes, all you need to do is point and shoot.

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

When I took flight this past spring I saw the sign about wind conditions. ; It amazes me that all they do is reduce the number of people that can go up the stronger the winds are. ; If I recall correctly, I think that my flight would have been cut back if there were enough people standing in line for it (luckily there were only about a dozen of us there). ; What I would love ; to do is go up during the fireworks at the parks. ; Granted they might be a bit blurry from movement (not like you are standing on the ground with a tripod), but think it would be cool to have fireworks in 2 to 3 parks going off at the same time in a single photo (since none in DAK).

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Now here's an idea worth looking into. Have a date when they all go off at 9pm. ; Fantasmic! is the wild card as the fireworks happen late in the show.

11. Paul

Paul Member

cool idea...nice shots guys

12. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Here's a few more after the Sun went down.

[​IMG]
    Nikon D700/28-300VR, 1/25s, f/4.2, ISO 6400, EV +0.3, 48mm FL

[​IMG]
    Nikon D700/28-300VR, 1/5s, f/5.3, ISO 6400, EV +0.3, 92mm FL

[​IMG]
    Nikon D700/28-300VR, 1/25s, f/3.5, ISO 6400, EV +0.3, 28mm FL

13. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

Nice catch on the reflections! Now if they set of a thousand of THOSE in Tangled, they would have had something there... ; ;)