Cars Land Thru A Photographer's Lens

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

WOW. ; Can't wait to see this in a few weeks...

Rather than linking all of the pics... ; just CLICK HERE for the full article. ; It looks incredible.

[​IMG]

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

This is going to be so awesome to photograph at night!

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I can't wait to get out there and take it all in.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Where o where am I gonna get the $ I need to do this? ; Anyone know a get rich quick idea that is fool proof?

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice! ; I really need to take a trip out there sometime.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I will be there on June 15 when it opens (by coincidence). ; Hopefully it will not be so ridiculously mobbed that I will be able to get some pics and report back during the trip.

7. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Considering how mobbed Toy Story Mania and Nemo Submarine Rides were when they opened, I'm predicting the new Cars Land will be chaos

8. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I think the "NO VACANCY" sign in that pic is a premonition to the actual Wait Times sign. Actually, that would be a cool idea. Have that sign or one like it flash the wait times & when it is slammed, just flash "NO VACANCY". ; ;D

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Please, oh planners at Disney, find a way to bring it to Florida. ; It makes more sense here anyway - out west, you can actually drive to the real landscapes that look just like that - here in Florida, that would be downright exotic looking! ; Plenty of spare land around DHS to use.

10. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I agree. We need this in WDW. That would be outstanding.

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I am right there with ya on this, maybe dump Avatarland!

12. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Ahem, there is an entire themepark that was originally dedicated to the state in which it was built. ; I say was because there is not much that remains of the original intent of DCA.

Anyway, they promised DCA that it would be exclusive for a few years, which means that they will probably greenlight it on October 1 of this year to rip out the Hollywood Backlot and install it, because it will be a 3-5 year project. ; This current one took almost 5 years between announcement and opening.