Carnation Plaza Gardens: (from the archives, but it's still there)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Roger, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Ten years ago they would have big band music/dancing nightly. ; Now it's mainly used for the band/choral/school groups....

Located just to the left of SB Castle, with a shortcut to the Rancho El Zocado {sic} restaurant or to Fantasyland next to the new Bibbity Bobbiti Boutique.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Both Portra 400NC

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

2. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I hope I make it to DL someday

3. Roger

Some time beginning in 2011....although the draw of the Little Mermaid ride will be lessened as WDW is getting it, but it will be behind the schedule of DCA. ; One semi-good thing about DL is that you can stay off-property and still have the same walk to the parks like the hotel guests do.

Except that hotel guests will get priority for the monorail[nb]If it's on reduced service, and the lines are long, or if it's one-way only due to construction[/nb], but boarding the monorail means going through security as it dumps you into Tomorrowland.

Oh and the Grand Californian does have an entrance into DCA, which used to not matter as much[nb]when DCA wasn't that good of a park[/nb], because the Grand Californian was Deluxe prices[nb]Okay, the Contemporary is a value resort compared to the Grand C. ; And that's for a regular room.[/nb] and NYC size rooms.

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

And I thought the Contemporary was high priced...

5. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Roger,

Having just done the Grand Californian stay, I can say that despite and misgivings people have for DCA, that entrance is still a blessing. ; Even if you have no intention to go to DCA, the bag check line at the Grand Californian entrance is minimal if non existent. ; I have been able to go through that entrance and then cut over to DL faster than if I had gone through the bag check line for Disneyland.

In January we actually got really cheap rates for the Grand Californian. ; They were half of what we paid for June

6. Roger

Thanks Ray, I'm probably still prejudiced because when I stayed there it was when "DCA is a full admission".

But the rooms were nothing to write home about for the price.

7. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I'll take Grand Californian over the Paradise Pier Hotel any day. ; I haven't stayed at the Disneyland Hotel yet to compare. ; IF we weren't to stay there we'd be staying at the Marriott near the Convention Center, but we like the convenience of the Disneyland resort hotels.

But, soon, we'll have a shot of getting to use our DVC points to stay at the Villas at the Grand Californian