Can you help me find my great Poker Hand? - *UNSOLVED - REVEALED*

Discussion in 'Where Am I?' started by RedOctober25, Feb 22, 2011.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Can you help me find my great Poker hand (once the dealer gives me two more cards that is)...

[​IMG]

*please bear with me on any slow replies. ; I am in WDW right now and it may take a little time to respond. ; Oh yeah, because I am in the Parks right now there will not be enough time to make any rhymes or such... sorry.

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Re: Can you help me find my great Poker Hand?

I'll start with one of the UK shops in Epcot. ; No clue which one.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I wish it was as cold down here as you were with that guess. ; So, not in the UK, but you are thinking with the right idea in mind.

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Well, since no one is guessing, I will narrow it down a little. ; It is not at Epcot. ; And if you realize the reason that Epcot should be the obvious choice tben you have ruled out another park or two.

5. goofmick

goofmick Member

haunted mansion

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Magic Kingdom, Main Street, in the shop that used to be the magic shop?

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Total shot in the dark... ; tower of terror?

(from my htc incredible)

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Craig is closest, but since I never knew a magic shop was on main street you will have to tell me what is there now.

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Well, I can only find references to the magic shop in Disneyland, so I am still not sure if this one has been solved (although I think it has). But if you really think about it, the location of this WAI suits it to a "T"... ; I am surprised I hadn't seen the obvious when I took the photo (i just thought it was a cool photo op).

10. Craig

I'm not sure about your hint, but I am thinking it is now part of the woman's clothing section kind of behind Caseys's.

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Nope, that's not the right location. ; But you are very close. ; The clues all lead to a character in a Disney movie (nope, not that character, the other one). ; Then, once you figure out who it is go to that character's "shoppe". ; Just don't take too long to guess or you might be late to the win.

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Well, I guess this is the first "dead" WAI I have ever done. ; Didn't realize that the White Rabbit would throw everyone for a loop. ; At least it got narrowed down to Main Street. ; If at least one of the was the Queen of Hearts it may have helped a little better, but the un-referenced character narrows the location the most (because it is by a shop of his profession). ; I would have had a larger, more inclusive photo, but the surrounding items would have given the location in a heartbeat. ; Well, I guess I need to see if I have any more WAIs from this past trip....

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So I had hoped the clues would have lead the "White Rabbit" to the Tea Party he was late for and therefore the Mad Hatter. ; That being said, the Mad Hatter should feel right at home at "The Chapeau". ; This window is between the "Chapeau" store and the "Main Street Confectionary". ; It is filled with Tea related items for the Hatter's wild party and includes many other things Alice (such as the "Drink Me Potion" and a copy of the book). ; It was definitely a neat find late at night while wandering out of the park. ; That night I had also explored the street past the Main Street Jewelry Store where if you are patient enough get to hear the Dance Studio and Piano Studio lessons going on.

14. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

That might be where the Magic Shoppe was - I can't precisely remember, but it was on the left side when walking towards the castle, I want to say it was past the cross street, about midway between the cross street and Casey's. ; Boy that was many years ago! ; I used to love the magic shop. ; Side note: Steve Martin once worked Disneyland's Merlin's Magic shop before he broke into showbiz.

15. zackiedawg

I used to love that magic shop as a kid - I bought my first fake dog poop there. ; And a whoopie cushion. ; And a squirting coin. ; And a few surprise snake-cans.

16. Craig

I got an invisible dog leash there!

17. mSummers

mSummers Member

For some reason I thought it was located in the portion of Center Street that the Emporium swallowed up, but according to this 1973 map on Yesterland, it was located right where you remember, midway between Center Street and Casey's Corner:

http://www.yesterland.com/wdw1973.html

18. zackiedawg

Cool...the old memory banks still have a little charge running through them!

Craig...yes the invisible dog leashes...a classic. ; Remember the disappearing ink? ; I had some of that too. ; Didn't actually fully disappear when used on a white shirt, as we soon discovered.

19. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

If I remember correctly I think Disneyland still has their magic shop, it's right next to the music shop.

20. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member