Burger King to Buy Tim Hortons

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Tim, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Maybe - but I worry a bit. Tim Horton's didn't do so well under Wendy's tutelage, and never came down this way...hopefully this doesn't mean the same type of thing. BK is just looking for a tax dodge more than anything else...so we never know if they'll actually care about bringing Timmies down here. but we can certainly hope! Personally, I wouldn't cry if every BK location in Florida became a Tim Horton's instead...I never go to BK anyway! ;)

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

True but BK has a much larger footprint than Wendy's.

4. zackiedawg

Indeed...#2 burger joint. The conglomerate of the two will be quite a big company. I just hope Timmies stays Timmies, and doesn't start morphing into a BK.

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That would make a huge difference! There are BK at pretty much every exit! As we usually leave at 11:00 pm and drive through the night, good coffee would be huge!

6. gary

gary Member

bk won't give 1 rats**s about maintaining the quality of the coffee product at all. first and foremost this isn't anything more than an attempt to move the corporate headquarters and tax liability out of the us without having to go overseas, and if they acquire timmies it won't be long before the bean counters want to know why they cannot use coffee that's pennies a pound cheaper. if this goes through, mark my words, within 3 years it'll be just another dunkin grade swill

7. ELinder

ELinder Member

I'm not so sure. McDonalds brought in a large number of morning customers when they improved the quality of their coffee. Maybe it'll be BK, now featuring Timmy's coffee.

Erich

8. zackiedawg

While true that it would improve their coffee by switching to Tim Hortons, I wonder if it would really have much impact in the states. Siding with a name-brand coffee that's well known can help a restaurant or chain, but other than a handful of places on the Canadian border, Tim Horton's is not a known entity in the US...someone in Kansas, Texas, Florida, or New Mexico hearing that Burger King now has 'Tim Horton' coffee probably wouldn't mean anything at all, unless they've been to Canada (or Pixelmania). ;)