buffalo airport

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Ariel2, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

How do I get here from TO? Where should I park?

Where do I go then?

Any tips on parking car with car seats?

Should I take/leave our coats? We are leaving in a few weeks

2. deblen4

deblen4 Member

It's all personal preference but our flights usually leave out of Buffalo very early, so we travel down the day before and stay on a park and fly package, where the hotel shuttle takes us to the airport and we leave the car at the hotel. ; Sleep Inn is good, or Comfort Inn, several good choices at/near the airport.
    We have parked at the airport before, check the Buffalo airport website for a coupon to reduce the cost.
    We live in central Ontario, and use the 407 to the QEW to Fort Erie and cross there, or any of the other crossings if one is busier than the others, (Lewiston or Rainbow Bridge - there is an 800 number on the highway signs, or stop at the Casablanca Blvd. rest stop and they have visitors info there re: bridges and Buffalo info)
    Not sure on the parking with car seats? ; Are you taking them with you?
    As we are at the hotel and just jumping in their warm van in the morning we leave our winter coats and boots in our locked vehicle and just suffer the cold in our light jackets or sweater until we're in the airport. ;
    Lots of information on the web, check out the Buffalo airport website also.

3. amw

amw Member

In terms of the jackets....

It's hit or miss as to the weather in Florida this time of year. What I do in the winter months when flying down is layer everyone. They wear a long-sleeve shirt, warm sweatshirt, spring fleecie jacket, light gloves & hat. I put a warm blanket on them in the car and head off like that. A couple years back it was freezing temperatures in Florida and we had to wear all that gear to the parks.

Just make sure not to leave everything behind! ; ;)

4. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

I too take the 407 and QEW the Peace Bridge is definately the way to go usually a very little or no wait. I prefer to park at the airport that way I don't need to wait for the hotel shuttle to pick us up and the parking shuttles are constant. I find that with using Priceline I can save $40 or $50 this past trip we stayed at the Millenium Hotel besiade the Galleria for $40 taxes and fees includedwith parking for 8 days it only cost us $100 total. We took our winter jackets this time because last year it was freezing and you just never know and it give you options this year we used the liner for our jackes because it got chilly a night. Definately get the parking coupon from the Buffalo Airport Website like Deb suggested it will save you five buck and you can park in the LongtermA lot which in much closer to the aiport.

5. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

Oh is the buffalo airport by Galleria?
    I have seen the millenium hotel there before....

Is priceline a parking company?

6. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

The Galleria is about a 10-15 minute drive from the airport only about 5 miles very easy to get to the expressway is right beside the mall. Priceline is a hotel bidding website when you make an offer for a particular type of hotel in an area and priceline tried to match your price to the hotel. You don't know what hotel you will end up with until you are successful but if you stay with 2.5 and 3 star hotels you're pretty safe getting a decent place to stay. I've used them 4 times now and been happy each time.

7. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

Is this place any good?

www.parkingatbuffalo.com (thrifty)

Says $42 for the week?

There is only one buffalo airport right?

8. amw

amw Member