AP Price Increase

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Nancy AK, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Wow big jump in AP prices. The Platinum Pass went up to $1,119 and Platinum Plus $1,219

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Even hitting the Floridians and DVCers who get nice discounts on APs - the Florida Gold pass is jumping up to $700 - when I first got the Florida resident annual pass it was $349.

I keep thinking maybe people will protest Disney's prices and stop going to the parks - that would actually make the annual pass well worth it - to have less people in the parks - but that's not going to happen. Who remembers the old days when there were actually 'quiet' seasons at Disney, like first week of February or early September, when ride waits even before Fast Passes would run 0-10 minutes? I'd pay up to have that again.

WDWFigmentGary likes this.
  3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

That's ridiculous! I'm glad I bought mine last week. Whew!

Nancy AK likes this.
  4. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

My renewal isn’t until October, I think instead of renewing I’m going to buy a new AP in December, then I’ll have December covered, as well as my trip in March and Pixelmania next October.

I saw they increased parking fees at the resorts too, Value went up $2.00 and $1.00 for Moderate and Deluxe.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Attention Sams Club shoppers. If you are not a DVC member, take a look at Sam's WDW AP prices (it's under the travel section of their website). As of this morning they're still showing the old pricing and they're offering a slight discount off that price that you can only see when logged in as a member. If you didn't buy your AP voucher prior to yesterday's price increase you still can get the old price via the Sam's club website (at least until the Mouse wishes up to the pricing error and gives ok' Sam a call). You have to buy a Sams membership to do it but the membership is a fraction of the savings you avoid from the recent increase.

Please remember to check the pricing on their website prior to buying a membership. They could update it any time. Based on the post on the WDW AP group on Facebook it sounds like they're selling a bunch of tickets this morning so I'm sure they'll get a call from the Mouse at any time reminding them they need to correct their price.