Animal Kingdom Nighttime

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by zackiedawg, Jan 17, 2012.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Got the rare chance to shoot a bit around AK at dusk/night, on one of their late hours openings for wintertime. ; Shot with my ultrazoom lens and no tripod, just cranking the ISOs or using a rail for support if I needed one. ; Always a neat place to shoot at night since you don't get to see it often at night!

Dusk in Harambe - ISO1000:
    [​IMG]

Mombasa marketplace - ISO640:
    [​IMG]

Tamu Tamu dusk - ISO1600:
    [​IMG]

Dusk Tree of Life, through the trees - ISO1600:
    [​IMG]

Down the Asia river in the evening - ISO1600:
    [​IMG]

Everest backpacker's hotel - ISO1600:
    [​IMG]

Everest temples at night - ISO1600:
    [​IMG]

Everest and building - ISO1600:
    [​IMG]

Everest from Flame Tree BBQ - camera steadied on rail at ISO100 and 15 seconds:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Nice set, Justin. ; I especially like Asia river and Everest & building.

I just saw that AK will be open until 8 pm on my short Feb trip (mostly due to high crowds). ; I hope I can find time to get there. ; (I guess I'll have to pack my tripod after all.)

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice set Justin, you really got some great shots without the use of a tripod, nicely done!

4. gary

gary Member

the asia river is my fav, something about how that river just keeps drawing my eyes down and out of the frame

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I ditto gary. ; Great shots.

6. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Really nice. ; Especially like the ones of Exp Everest.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

very nice, my friend. ; i love taking advantage of EMH at night at DAK. ; it's such a special place with the way the lighting is done, the themed buildings, and the overall atmosphere. ; granted there are not very many attractions that are open during the EMH, but its a great time for photos.

8. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

that's true. ; however you still should be able to practice PANning or inDOors shots. ; but it would be fun to see the mahaRAjah jungle trek at night. ; ;)

9. Tim

TOuCHing as the viEws will be, that's a long way away.

10. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Coded messages now? ;

11. zackiedawg

Thank you - I do love photoGraphing Animal KingdOm aT night. ; Indeed, the rides aren't my main draw anyway - and like you said, the opportunity to take piCtures at nigHt is the primAry reason to be there for me. ; That new land might be interesting at night too...can't remember what it's called...something about a movie...planets...

12. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Is there an official TMIP decoder ring?

13. Tim

Yeah, just send $3500 to my PayPal account and I'll get right back to ya. ;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Roger

Yes.

You'll need to drink a bunch of Ovaltine and send in five proofs of purchase from their cans plus another 5 wrappers from Mickey Ears Chocolate bars, purchased from the vending cart located just next to Flame Tree BBQ. ; Only that one.

15. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Quite pretty!

16. gary

gary Member

and stay away from the flagpole

17. zackiedawg

Thanks Pixie.

And Gary - don't forget they have to say the secret phrase while turning in a clockwise circle.

18. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots Justin. ; I too love DAK, and can't wait for the new land or world to open. ; I am really hoping for a lot more great night photo opportunities here.

19. zackiedawg

And hopefully, more regular night hours! ; For us photogs, the opportunity to walk through Harambe and Anandapur at night while the majority of the crowd heads to Pandora could be really nice for those long tripod exposures.

20. Roger

I wonder if they will move the Tough to be a Bug fastpass machines and have fastpass just to get into Pandora. ; Universal has to do something similar with Wizarding World every now and then.

Not just the attraction mind you, the entire land.