animal kingdom lodge

Discussion in 'Hidden Mickeys' started by Dan, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Dan

Dan Member

To begin with I offer this disclaimer: I did not actually discover any of these myself. The first one is, I think, the star of this post because of its obscurity. I found out about it at the Adventurers Club, where I met Mike Demopoulos of the Magical Moment podcast. We were talking about various things, and then he brought up that he had located a hidden mickey in the parking lot at the AKL. He'd heard about it from someone else, but didn't know quite where to look, so was out walking slowly up and down the lanes of the parking lot looking for this thing. Happily he found it, and told me just where to go.
    Also there are two from the Arusha Rock area. The first is kind of hard to see, it wasn't even all that clear in person. But I was in the area when two people mentioned it, one was pointing out all the hidden Mickey's she new about to the other. I think the ears stand out enough, but the central face circle is a bit vague.
    And finally a nice clear one. This was pointed out to me by a cast member at the resort. It's in the spots of the giraffe.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mcpaul

mcpaul Member

WOW! We stayed there in October this year missed all these! Saw the one at the entrance (top of pole) and meant to shoot it the whole time we stayed there. Guess what? Shows you should go shoot when you have it in mind, managed to forget!!! Next time . . .

3. ilene

ilene Member

Here's another one ... it took us a while to find it ...
    [​IMG]

Do you see it? No? Then look here ;D

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

ilene, i wouldnt have found that in 1000000 years. nice job.

5. mcpaul

mcpaul Member

Hey, Dan - you going to give us a clue where in the car park that is? Else there may be lots of us wandering around the car park with cameras (and it may be under a car anyway!!!)

6. Dan

Dan Member

I'm not sure of the location of the parking lot Mickey.. I think it was near the E1 lot marker. If I remember correctly.. when you have your back to the Lodge, facing towards the parking lot, the E1 sign will be on the left side of the lane that the Mickey is on. It's in the middle of the lane, not in a parking space, so there shouldn't be a car on it. I think the E1 sign was farther into the parking lot.. so the Mickey is closer to the Lodge than the sign. I'm kicking myself now for not taking a picture that shows the Mickey in context with the rest of the lot so I could locate it again.

It's not easy to spot from a distance, I walked right over it several times. The problem is that when the sun is reflecting off of it it appears whitish, rather than its actual black color, that threw me because I was looking for black spots.

7. mcpaul

mcpaul Member

Thanks, Dan. Now all I have to do is convince my dear wife that we are off on a sight-seeing tour of a Resort Car Park . . .

8. mcpaul

mcpaul Member

Okay, so I got to photograph this one last month (forgot to last time out!!!)