Animal Kingdom - Kilamanjaro Safari Hidden Mickey

Discussion in 'Hidden Mickeys' started by RedOctober25, Nov 23, 2008.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Here is a hard to see hidden Mickey. Took three different trips on the Safari tour to get a decent photo of this one (this particular trip was during the Backstage Safari tour - highly recommend if you have the time)

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Is the Backstage Safari tour the one that you have to stay at the AK Lodge to go on? Or am I thinking of something else?

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Backstage safari is open to anyone. The day I went there were only 6 of us on the tour so it was much more personal. The guide said they usually have 20 or more each day. Anyway, it is both onstage and backstage. We stopped at the Rhino Night house where I almost got "marked" by a white rhino. You also stop at the Vet clinic and Nutrition center. The final part is a private unscripted safari tour. It lasts about 4 hours and is about half walking, a quarter riding and a quarter sitting or standing. It ranks as my 2nd favorite tour behind "Keys to the Kingdom".

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out next time.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

where is the mick? i am not seeing it for some reason.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Its right above the bush at the bottom. The top most branch sort of cuts through the Mickey

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

It's actually a full shot of mickey...not just the ears and head...right? I see the feet beginning just above the small rock jutting up from the lower right, with the branches a little higher up covering most of the right leg, then the pants with the two buttons on the belly seem pretty clear just above the uppermost branch, then the body goes up to where the rock curves and there is a lighter patch on the rock which is catching the light and partially obscures the head and one ear. Am I seeing it correctly?

Neat find. Never saw that one before.

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

I only see the head and ears

[attachment=1]

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

9. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Wow...it took me a WHILE to find it!

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Thanks for highlighting it in the photo. I will have to remember to do that myself next time I photograph a hard to see Hidden Mickey.

11. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

OK...I must have a waaaaay overactive imagination. Because what I thought I was seeing was roughly this.

I can even see the buttons, shorts, shoes, etc!

12. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Too funny zackiedawg...talk about mouse on the brain! :D