Allow myself to introduce . . . myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hockeyman, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Hockeyman

Hockeyman Member

Hows it going everyone ; ;D ;

My name is Mike and I am rather new to these boards and was just introduced to them by fellow member HPS3 and think this a great place and fantastic way to share and learn about photography with others who share the same passion of Disney and photography. Some really amazing photographers on here and hopefully would eventually love to join everyone sometime during Pixlemania.

A little about myself.
    I've been a South Florida native my whole and have been going to Disney, along with other theme parks, ; since before I was able to walk. Now my wife and I have passed this love to our two little girls (with one more on the way ; :D) who hopefully will have the same fun we do going to Orlando.

My journey into photography happened really by accident. Mid 2011 right before our youngest was born my wife left our point and shoot out in the rain which also happened to be right around the time I had stumbled across some Disney photographers and was amazed by the pictures I saw. At that point we decided to invest in an entry level Sony A390 DSLR and was hooked the moment I got it. So still relatively new to the photography scene and learning soemthing new everyday. I also consider myself more lucky that skilled when it comes to picture taking and still do some bonehead stuff here and there lol.

I now shoot with a Sony A55 and looking to upgrade shortly into the New Year. Would die for the Sony A99 but sadly out of my budget (diapers aren't cheap ; ;D), The A77 is what I have been eyeballing but may wait to see what Sony has up their sleeve after reading some rumors on Sonyalpharumors.com

I post just about all of my pictures on my Flickr page but also I am all over internet posting on other site under the same "Hockeyman" screen name so sometimes I fell spread to thin.

Dis boards
    WDW Magic
    Theme Park Review
    Orlando United
    and of course Facebook, Twitter and Google +

Thanks for reading and on to some photos of me an my family

[​IMG]
    Chip and Dale family by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Happiness at the Magic Kingdom by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Pirate Goofy by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Me and my girls by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Me by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome aboard!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Glad to see you found your way over here too. ; ;)

You posted right at the end of the most recent 'Pixelmania' event at Disney, so a lot of members are either up there or just getting back (in case you wondered why the boards were slow the past week!). ; Since you're a local, you should try to plan on stopping by future events so you can meet some other TMIPers in person!

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums! ; Keep an eye on the threads, there will be a lot of new photos coming from this past weekends event. ; I hope that you can make it to next years event.

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Have to ask...if you have lived in South Florida your whole life, why the user name of Hockeyman?

Glad to see you here, Mike. ; BTW, we all still do bonehead things, just less often! ; :D

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Welcome aboard, Mike! ;

8. AlanRappa

AlanRappa Member

Welcome!

9. Hockeyman

Hockeyman Member

Thank you everyone ; :)

Looking forward to joining up with future events. Oddly enough we had made plans months back to head up there this past week but had to postpone the trip. ; :(

I know im a rarity down here when It comes to a love of hockey ; ;D. Grew up playing roller hockey in the streets and local leagues then around 2000 they built an ice rink by the house so our team switched over to ice and played up until 2007 and have missed playing ever since.

Heres the only few pictures I have of me playing taken back in 05. Wish I had more and better quality

[​IMG]
    DSC01615resized by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC01618 by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    DSC01626 by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Do you follow the Panthers or the Lightning or another NHL team, Mike?

That rink is a lot like the high school ones I shoot in. ; Terrible lights and lighting. ; I am very thankful for the D700's high ISO and dynamic range capabilities.

11. zackiedawg

Right now, he doesn't follow ANY NHL team, thanks to the machinations of two stubborn rich lawyers ruining the league (Mssrs Bettman and Fehr). ; ;)

Mike's profile says he's up in PB Gardens, so he'd be closest to Panthers, but a fairly lengthy 1hr+ drive down to their stadium. My 'local' rink down by where I work is the Panthers training facility, and where local leagues play.

12. Hockeyman

Hockeyman Member

Panthers fan all the way ; :) ;

That was was shot years ago before I got into photography, pretty much just handed one of my friends my point and shoot and this is what I ended up with lol. ;

13. Hockeyman

Hockeyman Member

It don't know what I am going to do with myself once football is over (although Dolphins season was over before it started but that is a whole different topic lol). No hockey and im not really the biggest basketball fan.

Its funny because I just moved back up to Palm Beach County in July after living about 10 min from the arena for the past 3 years, still worked up in Rivera Beach and couldn't take the hour plus drive each way anymore. Before that I lived in the Boynton Beach/Lake Worth area just about my whole life and played in the local leagues at Ice/Skatezone. ; I do still have my skates and all my gear ready to go after I make my triumphant return out of retirement ; ;D

14. HPS3

HPS3 Member

Alright Mike, Im glad you made out over here. I have no understanding of hockey so I can't join that conversation. New Orleans tried that with the Brass but it didn't go over so well. I'll stick with the Black &Gold......Who Dat!!!!!!!!

15. zackiedawg

That's alright - if the hockey stubbornness keeps going any longer the league will contract and Florida, Tampa, & Phoenix will be the first three teams to be yanked from the lineup...so we southern hockey fans will have to hack the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) signal to see hockey in the future - since it probably will lose any US television contract too!