Airport Confusion??

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Superstar, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Superstar

Superstar Member

Hi all,

I've never been to Orlando before so I have some airport questions. I'm getting the impression that there are two different airports: MCO and ORL. Is this correct? If so, is one closer to Disney than another? Is one better than another? Any idea of average traveling times to the airports?

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

If you fly into MCO you will be really close to Disney. It took me about 20 minutes to get to Disney from MCO.

I have been to both and both are airports just like any other place. ; I think I enjoyed MCO better because it was a lot bigger and nicer. ; But as long as you have a safe landing, I would say pick whichever airport you want. ;

3. littlewillow

littlewillow Member

This is the information I have.

MCO is Orlando International Airport, the area's largest and most heavily traveled provider. Orlando Executive Airport is just a few miles from downtown Orlando and caters to corporate travelers and private aircraft.

There is another airport in the area, Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB), that some tourists use to escape MCO's congestion. SFB, much smaller in size, is 18 miles northeast of Orlando. It's quite a haul from there to Disney, but SFB does offer good ground transportation options.

4. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Wow what a great post, I don't think I could have said it better myself.

I have been to SFB, and it's not a bad airport, much smaller then Orlando and easier to get around. We landed and were off the plan within 5 min. The shuttle meets us outside and we were at our hotel within 20 min The reason I like the Sanford Airport better because we were in and out much faster then the Orlando one and with less congestion.