African Wild Dog

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by ilene, Nov 25, 2006.

1. ilene

ilene Member

Taken today at the Bronx Zoo in New York City.

[​IMG]

2. Dan

Dan Member

I love these guys. I can quote their scientific name at will. Lycaon Pictus. I've been working on getting good pictures of the wild dogs they have at Brookfield Zoo. In doing so I've realized that I need to pay more attention to my autofocus settings, some of my best opportunities have been when they've been walking straight towards me, but then the focus point is constantly changing, and I was always set on one shot AF where it focuses once and then stops.
    Oddly enough, all of my good wild dog pictures were always taken around 3pm. There's got to be a reason why they're always active around that time, but I don't know what it is. Some sort of feeding routine or something, I'm guessing.
    I have trouble getting good color. Perhaps they're often in the shade, or it may be that the head, which I tend to focus on, has paler color.. but my wild dogs always look faded. This shot was processed with a warming filter to make it a little more orange. And it still looks pale.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014