Advice on Annual Passes vs. 10 day park hopper tickets

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by rockymtnredhead, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Hi everyone, new to this message board and am looking forward to learning from all of you fellow Disney Fans! ;
    My hubby and I are planning a trip to WDW from Alberta - we're driving! ; We are planning on going next Spring (likely early May) in our motorhome. ; We want to take a month to do the trip, roughly 7-10 days to get there, 10-14 days there and 7-10 days to get home. ; Will be an adventure to say the least! ; We know that we'll be staying at Fort Wilderness Campground and renting a car. ; One of my main questions so far is about WDW tickets: ; we are considering purchasing Annual Passes for this visit but would they be worth the extra expense over a 10-day MYW Park Hopper with Water Park & More? ; What other benefits would we get with the AP? ; Any and all advice would be appreciated - thanks so much!

2. scratch

scratch Member

Hey!

With the AP, if Disney was offering any discounts during your stay then it would be beneficial. ; If you plan on eating on site, you can also purchase the TIW card to get discounts on food and beverages. ; And then if there is the possibility of returning with the year, you'll already have your tix!

3. realfam

realfam Member

Weve had AP in the past and I am planning to get another this august (so I can comment more in a few weeks on perks), but we have found in the past it give you the aability to come and go as you please without worrying about hooper options. ; Pays for itself fairly fast. ; You normally get 10% discount in the World of Disney Store in DTD. ; Several different sit down and counter service discounts. ; It should also get you a discount on Photopass stuff. ; Our last AP we got a free lanyard with some trading pins (small but something fun).
    The most important thing is you have to make sure the math works for your family. ; We can normally squeeze 4-5 trips into a pass so great value for us! ; I will report back after I get my new one.

4. If you plan on going back within the same year, I think it is definitely worth it... pays for itself. You can certainly calculate the tix prices for your family for 2 7 day trips versus 1 annual pass, and decide whether it works for you.