Advanced Dark Ride Photography at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Photography 101' started by Scottwdw, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

This is a little beyond this topic area but I know a lot of new (and old) Disney photographers will take photos on the dark rides. ; Many of them will be disappointed at their results as I have been. ; I did pretty good this time using a friend's tips on taking the photos and then processing them. ; Including (now don't feint) using RAW capture over my usual JPEG shooting. Click the link to learn more.

Advanced Dark Ride Photography at Walt Disney World

Feel free to add any advice, links or tips you may know of.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I have his page bookmarked. ; I made sure to read it before my latest trip. ; Very helpful.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I have been pretty happy with what I've been able to get out of my newer cameras in JPG, but I do think I just have to try a few RAWs next time. ; I hate processing and working with RAW, but I also know what additional info I can pull out of them...I've always used RAW only for my hired shoots and events, but I think I'll break down and finally try a few RAW shots in dark rides just to mix things up a bit. ; I think I'll stick with RAW+JPG, in case I get bored with the RAW processing and decide to go lazy back to the JPG again!

4. gary

gary Member

i personally always shoot raw, but i process with lightroom 4, i also am always looking for ways to cut processing time. so take photos taken in generally the same light conditions and batch apply presets. now over the years as i have gotten more lightroom experience and more overall processing time i have found that quite often i am able to figure out an existing preset that,
    's either on or just needs a little fine tuning, one click and type in a new name and now i batch that set with that preset. this workflow works very well with music, esp where artists have defined performance times and
    /or consistent lighting. and there appears to be no limit to how many presets i can have, and i have them grouped in folders