A walk from the TTC to the Poly to the Grand Floridian

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Craig, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Dina and I always try to start our summer vacation with lunch at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian. This year after we did that we decided to play around with the 11-16mm lens we rented and walked from the TTC to the Grand Floridian. We had a lot of fun and it is a great way to spend an afternoon. We walked around the grounds and the lobbies of the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian.

Here is the first set of photos from our lunch at Kona Cafe. This is first time I actually got the coffee at the Kona Cafe. It's great. Give it a try.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. Craig

Re: A walk from the TTC to the Grand Floridian

After that, we always enjoy going into Ohana.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

3. Craig

Then we ventured outside.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

outstanding, craig. you just keep getting better and better.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. Craig

Wow, thanks Tim. All credit goes to you and everyone else here at TMIP!

6. gary

gary Member

ok you are made of stronger stuff than i if you are walking outside that much in the florida summer

kona coffee, #1 in my book, and made the only way real coffee should be made, a french press

i've been complaining for years, on every survey disney ever asks me to take, why oh why in this day and age can i not get a decent civilized cup of coffee anywhere in the world but kona cafe and citrico's, the only 2 places i can verify french press because they bring the press right to the table, even the flying fish, our traditional night before flying home dinner, does not use a press, at least not as of mousefest 07
    and we wonder why many europeans consider us uncultured barbarians
    whoever invented the percolater should have been shot

oh and great shots by the way, i'm really enjoying your eye for color and wide angles

7. scpergj

scpergj Member

Craig

Really nice shots!

Who made that 11-16 - is that the Tokina, or is it a Nikon? I may be in the market for something wide angle...I'm going to enter some photos in the county fair this year, and that could be a cool lens to use!

Kevin

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice shots Craig!

9. Craig

It's actually a pretty short walk Gary. Also, we walked to the edge of the TTC and then when we got to the GF, we went in, and then hopped on the monorail to the MK. It's a shorter walk than EPCOT.
    The coffee was great. It was my first time for having french press coffee. I will be getting it again!
    Thanks for the compliments! :)

10. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Victoria & Albert's doesn't use a French Press, but they use a Cona Coffee Maker which apparently uses a vaccuum method. It's not only entertaining, but seems to make a very good cup of coffee.

http://www.espressozone.com/cona.html

11. Craig

Thanks Kevin!
    I used the Tokina 11-16mm that I rented. url=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554036-REG/Tokina_ATX116PRODXN_11_16mm_f_2_8_AT_X_116.html]It's in stock right now at BHPhoto!![/url]

Thanks Msummers!

12. Grumpwurst

Craig,

Are you going to end up buying that lens?

13. Craig

Ok, I went a little out of order here, Whoops!
    Before we went outside at the Poly, we explored the lobby a little too.

14. Craig

yeah, probably! As much as I complained about using it, I am really liking the way the pictures have come out. In October, while photographing another room at the Contemporary for my site, I found myself missing the 11mm! the 11mm worked awesome when I photographed the pres and vice pres suites.
    As a matter of fact, I am considering renting it again for mousefest. I want to use it at osborne lights. that lens would be awesome there!

If money was still flowing like in 2005, I'd already have the lens!

15. Grumpwurst

Does that mean you'll share ;)

16. Craig

After we finished seeing the Poly, we walked over to the Grand Floridian. It isn't a far walk and is very pretty and well manicured. As a matter of fact, the Poly uses signs that say "Spa" with an arrow pointing to the GF.
    We stopped at the Wedding Chapel first, and did a little window shopping at Francks.

17. Craig

you bet! :)

18. Craig

Then we walked over the GF.

19. Craig

Finally, we went in and relaxed a little before heading over to the MK for more fun.

20. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.