2 firefighters shot, killed while battling NY blaze

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Sean&Karen, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Heard this on the radio about an hour ago... Would be interesting to find out if fire was started to target first responders and has the shooter been caught?

Sent from my iPhone...

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

This just makes me sick! ; My heart goes to the families of those lost and injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

My heart hurts for the families of these brave firefighters, especially on Christmas eve. I'm not sure when all of this nonsense is going to end, but I pray that is going to end very soon with no more victims.

5. gary

gary Member

per billy goldfetters site, usually very accurate as he has a lot of statewide contacts from instructing for many years, initial response was an engine for a car fire, upgraded on scene to a full respone for a working structure. shooting started while first due was getting ready to start interior attack. 2 known dead, ; first reports have whole crew wounded. i do not have more yet. west webster is an all volunteer dept

6. gary

gary Member

update. 2 dead are a webster pd lt. off duty and member of west webster fd. off duty 911 dispatcher also member of west webster. 2 other west webster ff badly wounded. shooter confirmed dead from responding pd returning fire

7. gary

gary Member

http://www.firefighterclosecalls.com/

the audio from one of the wounded is particularly wrenching, although i give him complete and total respect for staying pretty calm while calling it in

billy goldfedders site, he will have good intell since he is a nationally known fire service instructor/chief and all around firefighter hero

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

**redacted**

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

At this point in the discussion, I would really like to focus our discussion on the brave firefighters and police officers who answered their final bell. I don't want to give any more time or attention to the depraved coward who destroyed many families especially at Christmas. For many of you, you will know exactly why I am saying this, so let us focus our attention on those who are going to be without loved ones at Christmas. Thank you for understanding.

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

It's hard to believe that there had to be more people tragically going into the Christmas holiday with such horrible loss - as if what happened at the school last week wasn't enough for 10 lifetimes of grief. ; And now, more innocent people, specifically out to help others, are lost in a stupid, senseless act. ; By all means, the only thoughts I have and the only ones I'm willing to think are for the families and survivors.