ZipShot tripod

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by haunteddoc, Jan 8, 2010.

1. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Interesting idea.....but kind of lightweight.

3. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Yeh but might be good to carry if your stuck without a tripod. ; Folds to just 15 in.

4. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Looks like a decent tripod for flashes.

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't trust my camera on it, but it is a neat concept.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

so does the velbon. ; I have a few easels that set up similar to this for displaying prints and the legs are FLIMSY. ; I would be very hesitant to load my rig on top of this tripod. ; I could be wrong. ; Note the load weight is only 3 pounds. ;

7. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

I've used shock-cord easels, too. Most of the easels have 3-section legs; this tripod had 4-section legs to make is smaller when closed, but that makes it take more time to close down and makes it flimsier.

I wouldn't trust one of these Tamracs with anything heavier than a point and shoot. Theoretically, it might hold an SLR, but shock-cord legs are very wobbly, and get more wobbly as you add more weight, thus defeating the whole purpose of having a tripod in the first place.

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

That is quite small and light. ; Even the Velbons and Sliks that are close to that size folded are thicker and heavier - it really is quite light and thin.

I don't think I'd ever trust it as a main tripod though - maybe a backup or emergency one, or for P&S cams, or as mentioned for a flash or something...but otherwise, a little too unstable and unadjustable to serve primary duty.