Young Giraffes

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Scottwdw, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The young giraffes where out and about on the Kilimanjaro Safari on my last visit. ; The two were born within 4 days of each other last year.

[​IMG]

Here they are following one of the mothers.
    [​IMG]

So graceful when loping.
    [​IMG]

A nice portrait. ; Even have good leg position.
    [​IMG]

I set my camera to 1/500th of a second in shutter priority mode. ; The 28-300VR was set to Action VR mode. I requested and got the last seat in the jeep per others suggestion here on TMIP. ; Very bumpy back there but being able to photograph on both sides and out the back is a huge plus.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice shots, will have to give the last seat idea a try next time!!!

3. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

I love the little running one. :)

4. HW

HW Member

Scott, you always post great stuff but that first one is a step up. it is so 3d. fantastic

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Must make sure you hold on to your hats, glasses and camera back there. ; It is rougher than the seats closer to the driver.

He looked to be running in slow motion if that makes sense. ; Their long legs deceptively cover a lot of ground in a few strides.

Thank you, Howie! ; Don't have a lot of time on the ride so I have to give a nod to the camera for a smallish aperture for the DOF. ; The layers of the vegetation and the "termite" mounds add to it. ; Another nod to those wonderful Disney Imagineers.

6. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Very nice set!

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots Scott! ; The colors really pop out of my screen!

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Scott!