World of Motion

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by zackiedawg, Apr 7, 2007.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Another great memory for me...when Epcot opened, this ride was one of my favorites. Being a car nut, a ride through the history of automobiles in America was great. And to make it even cooler, there were all these new showroom cars that you could sit in when you got off the ride, and new future-mobiles to ogle at. What more could a 14-year-old want!?

I can still see the whole ride - virtually every scene within. My favorite was always the motorcycle cop hiding behind the billboard.

Back in 1984, it was a popular ride - check out the line going in the door (remember, there was a huge maze of roped switchbacks once you got inside, and there were no 'Fast Passes' back then!):

[​IMG]

Sure, Test Track is alot faster. OK, it's even cooler in most ways. But I do miss the old World Of Motion! You know what my idea is for a 5th Disney park? A park with all of the lost attractions from all of the other Disney parks! Swan boats, Mr. Toad, Horizons, World of Motion, Mission to Mars, Rio del Tiempo, the original Tiki Room, Keel boats & canoes, and all the rest. And retro 50's Monorails to get you there!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

nice memories, you captured my favorite part of the ride. I loved when the cars went outside of the building. I always wanted the ride to stop when I was out there, looking around!
    I also wish they could keep the old rides. In my perfect Disney World, they would just build the new rides behind the old ones!

3. zackiedawg

That was one of my favorite parts too. It was so cool and futuristic to me, having the ride cars actually going outside.

In a way, Test Track has a little homage to its ancestor...with its ride cars going outside too. ;)

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

is it me, or did you fulfill the song of World of Motion in this post???

5. zackiedawg

I guess it rhymes with 'It's Fun to be Free'...another great memory for me. :)

6. DisneyVixen

DisneyVixen Member

Such a great picture! I loved this attraction so much, it feels like it's been so long since it's been around :'(

Question, is the main walkway to the entrance of Test Track the site for this exact shot?

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

looks like it

8. goofy101

goofy101 Member

Id agree with that

9. DisneyVixen

DisneyVixen Member

Must be then, I love Test Track... but I really miss this ride :(

10. zackiedawg

Yes...that's approximately from the main walkway into Test Track, on the diagonal path that branches out to the right from Innoventions' breezeway. You can see the Monorail's track tower shadow arching through the photo, as I am standing directly under it.

I miss it too, much as I like Test Track. It was a part of my childhood Epcot!