Working Firehouses of Disney

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Apr 14, 2009.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

OK, I remember back in '06 or so there was a thread with some shots of the firehouses, but I think with all the new members since then, there have got to be a few more shots out there of one of the working firestation houses on Disney property. ; We're not talking the MK firehouse...but the actual Reedy Creek Improvement District fully-operational firehouses. ; They've got some of the coolest designs in Disney, and are worth a photo or two if you get the chance.

Here's one of them...located just across from Saratoga Springs (and my favorite one). ; I hauled myself out of Saratoga while staying there about 3 years back, crossed the street on a very windy, cold night, and set up my tripod on the side of the road to snap some shots with all the great light and color:

[​IMG]

Please share your firehouse shots too!

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

RCID HQ (near Swan/Dolphin), from 1996:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The truck stationed there in 1996 (I think they changed colors within 2 years)

[​IMG]

3. gary

gary Member

i'm hoping we can get to stop by during pixelmania, rumor has it they are very guest friendly for a little tour and photo's
    hint hint, tim of the rental car
    www.mcjackie.com/theCreek.html

link to a site with pics and photos of the new house, behind the magic kingdom, very attractive bahamian architecture, replaces the corrugated machine shop, no imagination looking current house

4. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I find Disney Firehouses to be just so inviting. Their architecture is so well planned. But then again, so is everything else on the property. :)

5. gary

gary Member

roger
    as of dec 08 mousefest all the apparatus was still limegreen, although i wonder if when they get a new ladder they will change, i'm thinking they are due soon as that looked like the last cab with open access, all the engines look to be 6-8 man enclosed cabs
    and i'm not sure but i think i saw a quint in one of the bays

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

The last that I heard all you need to do is call them and set up a tour. ; i have wanted to do it myself, but haven't had the chance, and since there are going to be a small group of us public servants down there for pixelmania, i would rather enjoy a little tour myself. ; Would be something that I wouldn't normally do with my family. ; Great idea!

7. zackiedawg

I'm not a public servant, but I'd still love to do that - a tour of all four firehouses would be awesome! ; My family is chock full of cops and firemen (big surprise from an Irish New Jersey boy)...and it would be an awesome photo tour too.

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Tim, any thoughts on this?

9. zackiedawg

10. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Cool idea! Thanks for sharing.

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Just added another thing on the list for my summer trip! ; A stop at a firehouse! ; Great idea!