Working fire on roof of mine train

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by gary, Nov 2, 2014.

1. gary

gary Member

If i can figure out how to get it from a facebook post l'l put it here. One of the volunteers on a buff site i belong to was at mk last night when a fireworks shell landed on the roof and set the top on fire. Reedy creek had to bring an engine and put the tower ladder to work right next to the backside, it loks like right across from be our guest entrance. It was ripping pretty good

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I saw video of the fire last night on the news. I wonder if that's just a one in a million anomaly, or does the placement of the expanded fantasyland actually put more combustible material within the possible outside fall zone of the fireworks? Though mine train is fairly similar in placement to the old subs, the elevation of the mine train might place it in a bit more risk - though we know the shells shouldn't be landing anywhere near that area at all...I just wonder had such a shell had a mis-fire or bad landing outside the normal zone in the past, would there have been anything there that could have caught fire? It's probably more of a 1 in a million anyway, so not something to worry on!

3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member