With their trunks on

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Feb 12, 2013.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

This is one of my favorite attractions in all of WDW. ; I took this the day before Pixelmania began. ; This is one of those old attractions that takes up a ton of space, which makes it ripe for doing something different. ; I hope that does not happen, it has charm and it is one of the few that were there back in 1971 (I believe). ;

[​IMG]
    With their trunks on by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

off my soapbox now.

2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

3. HPS3

HPS3 Member

John, that's one of my favorites too. I ride it at least 2 times every trip. I think I have the jokes memorized. BTW Nice shot!

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Harry, my wife and I always get excited if a skipper uses a joke we have not heard, but that does not happen very often.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

It is a classic for sure, John.

6. This is a great wide shot! Nicely done. ; :star:

~Joanie

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Joanie!

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work John! ; That's one of my favorite scenes in the ride. ;

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Michael! ; My parents have pictures from the 70's on this attraction, I think that is one of the reasons it has left such an impression on me.

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

That is a great wide shot. ; I always loved that ride as a kid! ; And it is an original - so always a soft spot. ; I only hit it about every 4-5 trips now, mostly because it's often crowded around there so I just jet by...but every time I do ride it again, I enjoy it and wonder why I don't ride it more!

11. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

I would say riding this at night has a completely different feel to it, but that might be because the one and only time I rode it at night was when a flying creature of sorts decided to collide with my face. It wasn't a mammal (thank God) but it certainly put me on edge for the rest of the ride.