Wishes

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by DisneyDame, Nov 6, 2006.

1. DisneyDame

DisneyDame Member

Shots like this make me really love my camera - almost as much as I love this show!

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Very nice shot indeed! ;D

Here's two fav's from my last trip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kylewhit89

kylewhit89 Member

nice pic pat!
    did you park the stroller just to get this shot?

4. DisneyDame

DisneyDame Member

Not exactly, we chose the spot for the view and the lack of crowds. The stroller was a handy thing to stabilize the camera on, though.
    Lesson learned, though: watch more carefully what else is in the shot.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

a few of my favorite wishes! shots...

here are a few of mine...

6. barrie

barrie Member

All very nice shots!

dawholagn - I believe yours is one of the few times I've seen a crowd shot where I actually think the crowd enhances the photo. I usually don't like photos of the castle just because it's so over-photographed - BUT, I gotta say, that photo is gorgeous! The best I've ever seen of the castle and wishes. My opinion of course, but still... very nice. Barrie

7. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Thank you so much Barrie! ;D

To be honest, while I was setting up for this shot I was praying to have a lot of kids up on their parent's shoulders for the shot. I think this is a great tradition, especially if they're sporting Mickey ears! I ended up with only one(sans ears); but if you look in the lower left hand corner... there is this guy giving a hand signal. If you're born before the 80's, you might immediatly recognize this ias the "OK' or "Good" hand signal. I spotted this in post and just had to keep it. Thanks again! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  8. Tim

oh brother...now we are going to have a 'hidden gestures book' to go along with the hidden mickeys book..... :)

9. barrie

barrie Member

Yeah, I did notice the OK sign. It's that and the kid on the shoulders that I think really lends a sense of pleasure to the shot. You can't even see the people's faces but you just know they're standing there all slack-jawed!

10. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Hahaha! Dunno if that would fly. Most of the hidden gestures I see nowadays aren't very Disney appropriate! :p

11. joedisney

joedisney Member

One holiday Wishes shot, taken from out front of the Crystal Palace. Taken with my Canon20D/17-40mm f4, handheld, ISO 1600.
    [​IMG]

12. AUBandPilot

AUBandPilot Member

I wanna play!! I know I can't even get close to most of what has already been posted, but here's a couple of mine.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

13. Tim

very nice...dont sell yourself short

14. joedisney

joedisney Member

I agree with Tim, these are wounderfull!!

15. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

I'll support that as well. These are very well done!
    I also really love joedisney's holiday shot. The projections on the castle are great and you captured them very clearly.

16. joedisney

joedisney Member

Thank you, here's another from the same night, I got pushed by the crowd behind some trees, but I still like the shot. This is the wrapping paper theme.
    [​IMG]

17. from my old collection.

[​IMG]

18. another one
    [​IMG]

19. Tim

that 1st one is great, kelly.

20. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Kelly, not only is that first photo a neat shot; but it's perfectly framed IMO. You'd think you were the only one in the park!