wishes from the Polynesian Beach

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by DisneyGeek92, Feb 5, 2008.

1. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Hey, were any of you guys shooting Wishes from the Polynesian Beach last night? If so then did a teenage kid set up somewhat near you? IF so that was me. I'll post some pics when I get home I don't have photoshot on this computer so I can't get the files small enough to post so I'll post some on Thursday or Friday.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Nope, I was at Indiana Jones with another teenager, this one from Nawlins with one of those 8MP video/still cams.

3. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Doesn't sound as peaceful as the Polynesian beach. I need a longer lens to shoot from the Poly.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Neither was the P&P party tonight. Er yesterday night.

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

we were not there either geek. we went off property to see a friends house.

6. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I didn't figure It was any of you but I thought I'd ask.

7. Any pictures of Wishes from the Polynesian Beach?

8. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Not really they all pretty much suck but I'll see.

9. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Alright, some actually did work. I tried to find the ones with out the light artifact things.

I threw in a couple Illuminations as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it I've tre

10. Ooh! Thats pretty! Were arriving Sunday in Disney and have nothing to do taht night (its not a theme park day) so I thought Id go and watch the fireworks from there. I didnt know if there was any sort of view of the castle. Thanks.

11. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Sure it is so peaceful I love it there. If you don't want to take pictures get yourself a hammock and relax it is so nice after a long park day. I would have liked to have had a longer lens but I think they turned out alright.

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I LOVE that place. I think that the only place that is better to watch the fireworks from there is actually inside the concierge level building. They pipe the music in and you can sit there and get drinks. The room is open to the ceiling and there is a wall of glass to watch the show from. However you just can't beat sitting on that beach or hammocks at night, with the nice breezes coming in off of the lake and the sounds of the water lapping at the beach. Sorry for the corny sounding explanation, but I didn't pick my name for nothing, ;)

13. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Nice breeze... HA! When I was there hast time I froze. It was so freakin' cold.

14. joedisney

joedisney Member

Nice shots! I love this area, there never seems to bee too many people there!

15. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I know it's always empty! During easter which was the freezing time I was talking about. One of the most crowded times I've ever been there there were two hammock open just for me!

16. AND theres a DOLE WHIP machine inside!!! ;D Grab a dole whip and watch the fireworks -- the perfect evening

17. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Very Nice job on the Wishes pics. I really love the fireworks at WDW, all fireworks. 8)