Wilderness Lodge Rooms

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by mSummers, Oct 15, 2009.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

I just got a discount code email from Disney. ; The code is good when my family is planning to go to WDW, but the only room type available with the discount at WL is the woods view bunk bed room. ; Does anyone know how big the bunk beds are there? ; If you've stayed in one of those rooms, do you know if a 5'-11" tall person can sleep in the bunk bed comfortably?

2. Willful

Willful Member

I wonder if these bunk beds are like those in the Treehouse Villas? If they are, then a 5' 11" person would have problems. ;

And looks like I'm right...figured all the WDW bunk beds would be the same.

According to AllEars.net:

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks Will. ; That's what I was afraid of.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'm guessing then that the bunk beds are a little smaller than what's in the Fort Wilderness Cabins? ; Because those, while small, can still fit me. ; And at 6'1" and a whole-lotta-Pooh, that's a lot to fit! ; (admittedly, there isn't much wiggle room...my feet extended past the mattress a few inches, and in the bottom bunk, the space to the top bunk is mere inches from me).

I haven't ever seen the bunks in Wilderness Lodge.

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I have stayed in a WL room with bunk beds. ; They are not for adults but for adults traveling with children. ; They are the same size as the ones my kids used in the Ft. Wilderness cabins.