Wild Animal Park evac'd (wildfire)

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Roger, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Sign on San Diego's Fireblog

It's a blog format, so depending on when you click on the link you will need to scroll down.

But the World Famousâ„¢ San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Parkâ„¢ was closed with partial animal evac's today, and ash is covering the park. I think Tim enjoys the Wild Animal Park more than the Balboa Park zoo; I can understand why - but it's not a fun park with a very young child. Or in the summer, as it can get hot that far away from the ocean. I haven't been there in 6 years. Hopefully the park won't lose any animals because of this, but I know how bad ash can get in SoCal. Heck I lived 20 miles away from a big fire and got 4-6 inches of ash accumulation with a visibility of 12 inches during the day.

Here's more info from the zoo:

Zoo fire updates

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

you're right, roger, i love the wild animal park. it is truly a different experience than the san diego zoo but it's a great place to see animals VERY up close.

3. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Member

Glad to hear you like it Tim - I love the Wild Animal Park. Used to visit 3 or 4 times a year when I still lived in So.Cal.

4. Roger

The condors are safe, but they've already lost one of their condor breeding facilities and some other stuff.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i have some photos from the wild animal park from 2005 including the up close safari ride that i will try to dig up and post...

6. Roger

Yeah I gotta scan my slides from 01.