Wild Africa Trek

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Sep 11, 2012.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Back in August Tim, Jeff and I were able to take this tour on a Thursday afternoon. ; It was a blast! ; We started off with a walk through the woods until you come to the hippos. ; At that time we clip on and head out to the edge and they will entice the hippo to come over by banging a bucket, but this guy

[​IMG]
    The uncooperative hippo by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

was not having it, only opened its eyes and never moved, but was still very cool to be there for a few minutes and learn more about the hippos.

It was then off to our first rope bridge where you are clipped in above the bridge[​IMG]
    Thumbs up! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

and walk across the roadway that the Kilimanjaro Safari vehicles travel on near the hippos and crocodiles

[​IMG]
    An Oasis by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Thumbs up! ; Part Duex by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

We then proceed over the second rope bridge, this one going directly over the crocodiles.
    ;
    [​IMG]
    Thumbs up! ; III by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

Once everyone is across (we three were last) you get to clip on and head out to another ledge to look over at the crocs.

[​IMG]
    Smile for the camera! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

At this point we boarded a smaller open safari vehicle, kind of like a larger pick up truck with a cover on it. ; We drove through the savannah stopping along the way to take pictures of the animals we came across. ; This was great because once the vehicle stopped we could get up and move around. ; Here is a giraffe peeking out from behind a treee

[​IMG]
    Peek-a-boo! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

We then stopped at at very cool pavillion created just for this tour. ; This is a bathroom break as well as you get lunch. ; Even the orchid was edible! ; Just ask Tim!

[​IMG]
    Orchid anyone? by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

The views from here are great, you can see a good portion of the savannah from the pavillion.

[​IMG]
    Kilimanjaro Safari Savannah by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

and the flamingo island

[​IMG]
    Flamingo Island by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

After lunch we got back into the vehicle for the remaining ride though the safari. ; All in all, I cant wait to do this again in December!

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work John! ; That's going to be a fun meet in December

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Michael!

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I am soooo looking forward to what is in store for december! ; Great shots John!

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Jeff!

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

How'd I miss this? ; I had a blast but to go with people I knew would be even more so. ; You guys have fun doing this again for Pixelmania!

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I missed it also. ; Great time had by the 3 of us. ; Can't wait for the Pixelmania Trek.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

It was a great time, and that is what makes doing this again so soon something I am soooooo looking forward to. ; Doing it with people I know (and it being the whole group) is just going to be a hoot!

Maybe a group shot with everyone and their edible orchid? :D

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wild Africa Trek...Again

So, this past summer I was fortunate to do the Wild Africa Trek again. ; This time my wife, daughter and her best friend came along. ; It did not disappoint at all! ; Even saw Ellie (said that Costa Rica was awesome), as she is now a coordinator and not doing tours and had one of the Aaron's as our guide from the tour in the previous summer with Tim and Jeff. ; It was a great experience yet again.

[​IMG]
    Meow by jbwolffiv, on Flickr