Wild Africa Trek Poll

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Sep 26, 2012.

?

Which option, as explained below, do you choose for the Pixelmania Wild Africa Trek?

1. 12/8/12 - 830am-1130 - Photographic Experience

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 12/8/12 - 11pm-2pm - Main Tour Experience

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Either one is awesome for me!

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Please respond to this thread after voting and state what you choice was in order to be able to make notifications regarding this poll. ; See the notes at the end of this post for explanation.

Option #1 - 12/8/12 - 830am- 1130am - Photographic Experience
    A photocentric safari. Wild Africa Trek operations will dedicate a truck for our exclusive use for photography. ; You can bring whatever gear and bags you deem necessary. ; The animals will be in full force at 9.

We will have ability to drive through the attraction and pull off in 6 designated areas within the savannah part of the ride path for photos. ; We can only stop in these designated areas. ; All of these areas offer excellent viewing but the animals are free roaming and cannot be depended on. We can make as many rounds as time allows to give us the best possible shooting locations but we always must move in the direction of ride vehicle travel. ; When we reach the last pull off we must circle around to start over, a 15 minute or so process. ; The savannah camp platform will not be an option for you in this scenario. ; (No dining portion or stops at the savannah platform).

This information is based on an email that I received directly from the Wild Africa Trek manager. ;

Option #2 - 12/8/12 - 11am - 2pm - regular tour experience
    Regular tour experience, including suspension bridges, lunch at platform overlook, etc. ; includes alternate options for those requiring special accommodations. ;

The Official list of who's on board for the tour? ; I think it is as follows so far...

First dibs go to:
    1) Tim
    2) Gary
    3) PolynesianMedic (Jeff)
    4) ddIndy (Dennis)
    5) Paul
    6) RedOctober (Jeff) - ALT. EXP.
    7-8.) Sean & Karen
    9-10) John & Sue Wolff
    11) Michael Summers
    12)

Important notes:
    1. ; The decision needs to be made no later than Sunday 9/30, end of day.
    2. ; Either option is limited to a maximum of 12 guests. ;
    3. ; The names listed above have right of first refusal but anyone can as their name in - ON THIS THREAD ONLY- and will be added in the order they sign up.
    4. ; A member has offered to prepay for everyone to guarantee the reservation. ; You are responsible for paying him back in a timely manner. ; DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU CAN'T OR WON'T PAY FOR YOUR EXPERIENCE. ; IF YOU DON'T PAY BY A DATE TO BE DETERMINED, YOUR SPOT WILL BE SURRENDERED AND THE NEXT PERSON ON THE WAITING LIST WILL BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO PURCHASE A SEAT ON THE TRUCK.
    5. Majority rules in the above poll. ; If you choose option #1 and option #2 wins, or vice versa, you will be given a chance to back out and surrender your spot or accept the choice.

Price is $189/person + tax.

2. Tim

My vote is for #3. ;

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Mom Sue and I are also game for either, both will be a blast!

4. gary

gary Member

i am absolutely in either way, voted for 1 because i have already done the regular safari, but i am dead certain for either

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I vote for option #1 in that it is a completely unique experience that would only be available to the PixelManiacs. ; And I can always go on the regular trek (after saving up some extra cash) on another trip.

And I believe the cost after tax was $210 even.

6. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

tim change my vote to option 2 .. i hit option 1 by mistake.

7. Tim

Sean, I set the option to allow you to change your vote. ; I cannot do it for you.

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

I voted option 3. ; I haven't done the regular tour, so I'd be happy with either one.

9. Paul

Paul Member

Voted option #2.... I would like to have the full experience with the bridges, platform and lunch

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Either way, I will be doing the Alternative Experience if option 2 is chosen. ; That would include a privately guided tour of Pangani Forest prior to boarding the Safari Vehicle. ; Anyone else going on the Trek can then make that decision the day of the trek (if one decides the course is going to be too rough). ; Just an FYI.

Sent from my iPhone...

11. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

We prefer #2 .. option 1 is your stuck in a ; few areas and everyone has done it .. option 2 will give us some different vantage points

12. Tim

Sean, please change your vote above if you haven't done so already. ;

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

After further review, I think I would prefer the regular tour over special safari. ; Vote changed accordingly

14. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'm up for either one. ; If it comes down to a tie, put me down for option 1. ; I can do option 2 any time.

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So Dennis, did you put your vote in for #3 or #1? ; Because I think it is a tie if you vote for #1 and not if you voted for #3 (if I added them up correctly)

Looks like we still need to hear from the other Jeff (PolyMed) still...

16. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I've been thinking about this, and at this point I am going to have to bail on this excursion. ; I can't justify the cost. ; Sorry guys, but have fun and I can't wait to hear all about it when we meet up afterwards.

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Sorry to hear that. ; That being said then, looks like there are still two spots available if anyone else is interested in what should be an awesome experience.

Sent from my iPhone...

18. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

OK, so after some thought, Mom Sue and I are changing our vote to option 2. ; We are on board for either one, but would prefer doing the bridges and seeing the hippos and gators.

19. gary

gary Member

howz about we do the regular safari this year, and next year, when pixelmania is in october, with higher chances for real hot days, if there is enough interest we set up and do the photo safari

20. Tim

Ok, Main Tour Experience it is. ; No point in having this poll go on for any longer. ; I will contact the tour manager and have him make the proper arrangements for the 1100a-200p tour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.