Where should I sell my Nikon D5000 and the kit lenses?

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling' started by NitroStitch, Jan 25, 2013.

1. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

I decided to get the Nikon D7000 for myself for Christmas (sort of), and I'm going to want to sell my Nikon D5000 and the kit lenses that came with it. ; Any recommendations on good places to sell, other than eBay? ;

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

FredMiranda.com has a buy/sell forum. ; You have to pay an annual fee to post in it though. ; Generally had good results. ; Another choice is selling it to KEH.com, although you will be getting the wholesale value for it, not eBay value.

3. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

Thanks for the tips Roger! I'll have to check out both of them, as well as prices on eBay. ;

4. gary

gary Member

unless you need the equity to roll into the new body, one advantage to keh is you can credit towards some used quality glass, and i am a long time satisfied customer of their used glass

5. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

Good idea Gary - wow, the value of my stuff dropped like a rock from purchase price. ; ;D ; That's the way toys go...

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

That's the only problem with selling gear back to a used camera shop. ; You're only going to get about half of what they can sell it for.

7. gary

gary Member

true that michael, but could be that could be viewed as a downpayment towards upgraded gear. and at least it's a certain sale vs waiting on an ad type of selling

in memoriam
    prop joe, bawlmurs finest businessman

8. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

Decisions, decisions. ; :) ;

Sad about Prop Joe, Gary.

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

$9 per month, dude.

10. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

If you pay per month; it's $15 for a three month plan and $25 a year if you buy 2 years upfront. It's not as cheap as it once was.

11. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I tried selling a few things there and had no luck. ; Try keh.com.

12. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

Thanks for the ideas, everybody. KEH.com sounds like the best bet. ; Even eBay isn't too impressive on price, and that would be iffy, at best. ; Better to have a little $$ than have stuff around that's not being used. ; :)

13. ELinder

ELinder Member

Actually, I've sold a bunch of stuff on FredMiranda. Sold fairly fast, no problems with the buyers.