Where in the World? (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Where Am I?' started by zackiedawg, Mar 5, 2010.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

OK...this is a strange looking scene. ; Where am I now!!??:

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

2. goofmick

goofmick Member

Re: Where in the World?

TTA

3. zackiedawg

Nice try...nope, not on the TTA.

4. goofmick

goofmick Member

let's bump it up and say somewhere around StarTours

5. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

I thought it looks like the roof of one of the attaction buildings as seen from the Contemporary.

Boris

6. zackiedawg

Interesting guesses - so far though, no guesses are there yet. ; Not near Star Tours nor a view from the Contemporary. ; The Contemporary theory may have a very distant commonality with this one - VERY distant, but it's there. ; Figuring out the WHO/WHY/WHAT's in the shot may help figuring out the where.

7. zackiedawg

OK...clue time! ; First off, this is a mega crop. ; Second of all, very high ISO. ; Third of all, it appears if you look very closely that the sun is casting a long shadow. ; Hmmm... ; :)

8. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

I don't know -- inside Space Mountain?

Boris

9. zackiedawg

You've got the general idea. ; Of course, no sun in Space Mountain. ; So not there. ; Still cold...all guesses so far actually have been cold.

So we have 'inside Space Mountain' as thinking along the right lines, 'from Contemporary Roof' having a very distant connection, TTA, Contemporary roof, Space Mountain, and Star Tours all being cold, and we have a high ISO shot, cropped to within an inch of its life, with a long shadow being cast by a sun. ; And the effect is sort of an anti-Avatar, no?

And what are those two vertical things on the right with a shadow being cast off them, anyway? ; They almost look like...

10. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Oh for crying out loud Justin, I feel like I'm one of the forensic lab guys on CSI!

Since we're all over the future theme, how about Mission Space?

Boris

11. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I'm gonna guess somewhere around downtown disney area, since I know you hang out there sometimes

12. zackiedawg

Not Downtown Disney area...cold again.

Boris just warmed things up as far as being closer to the right location...but it isn't Mission Space. ; Future is not the common link...but i can say Boris is dam close!

13. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Ellen's Energy Adventure?

14. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

The only thing I can think of is one of the walkways near Odyssey.

15. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

I think that's a good guess, but where did he shoot from -- Tower of terror?

16. mSummers

mSummers Member

Is that the old EPCOT model on the People Mover?

17. goofmick

goofmick Member

the figures appear to be 2 people walking on what appears to be concrete, maybe even the top of a concrete building or structure. ; other than that I don't have anything.

18. zackiedawg

Well, Boris nailed it!

It is indeed Ellen's Energy Adventure. ; More specifically, it's the movie all about where energy comes from. ; The common links with the Contemorary roof view is the aerial shot. ; The Mission Space thing that it's an indoor ride. ; The scene is where Bill Nye and Ellen are walking on Hoover Dam - that's the large raised cement the two people are walking on, with sun casting their shadows. ; Of course, being indoor and a movie screen, it's high ISO and I cropped a ton for the shot. ; And I did say Boris was "dam" close!

19. zackiedawg

BTW...in case anyone wonders why so cropped...here's the original ISO6400 ultrawide:
    [attachimg=1]

Why shoot that in UWA? ; Well, I specifically and at the last minute decided I wanted to try to shoot the screen for a Where Am I, but only had that lens with me...so it was a 1-second decision to raise and snap, and see if I could find something within the shot to crop!

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

20. mSummers

mSummers Member

good one Justin!