What movie had your favorite soundtrack? (besides Frozen and Tangled)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by brandon0818x, Jun 6, 2014.

1. brandon0818x

brandon0818x Member

There are a lot of Disney movies with great music. There is usually a couple songs that are memorable, but what movie had the best soundtrack holistically. Obviously, Frozen and Tangles are the most obvious answers, so I wanted to know some movies besides those!

2. sirridge

sirridge Member

Lion King's soundtrack has a special place in my heart. I think I just watched it too much as a kid so now it has continental value to it.

Me and my wife also listened to the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack on a long drive recently and it's pretty great.

3. Aprax

Aprax Member

Mulan. My friends and I always sing the songs to that movie because we all watched it together multiple times.

4. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Member

Lion King. I know the words to every song on that soundtrack. I have a nephew that also enjoys watching it so he can sing along. Disney is always sure to have great soundtracks with there classics! :)

5. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

This is such a tough question!! I would agree that Lion King has a great soundtrack. Pocahontas is another one of my favorites that seems to be underrated, as well as Hunchback of Notre Dame.

6. urRei

urRei Member

The Little Mermaid has a really good sountrack. I used to sing Part of Your World and Under the Sea a lot when I was young. I could imitate well Ariel and Sebastian's voices back then. Ursula/Pat Carroll 's song Poor Unfortunate Soul was all too powerful and catchy as well, it can make you feel how evil her character really was.

I also like The Jungle Book's soundtrack, it sounds playful. ;)

7. thonnie_17

thonnie_17 Member

The Little Mermaid's soundtrack is my all-time-favorite. My sister and I never fail to play "Part of Your World" every time we rent karaoke/videoke machine during fiesta or birthday celebrations. Mimicking Ariel's sweet voice.

Also, we (with my siblings and cousins) used to play Sebastian's "Under the Sea" every summer during beach-swimming. And my sister-villain-image portraying Ursula in "Poor Unfortunate Souls". That was really a memorable childhood with The Little Mermaid tracks. :)

8. brandon0818x

brandon0818x Member

These are all great! Aprax, I definitely agree! I think the songs from Mulan were very memorable, especially, I'll Make A Man Out of You and Honor To Us All! Whenever one of those two songs come up anywhere, there are always people who immediately sing along! I'll Make A Man Out of You is definitely one of my favorites! I also agree with Lion King! I love Hakuna Matata!

9. browneyes6319

browneyes6319 Member

I love the Lion King and Pocahontas soundtrack! They will always be my two favorite older Disney movies! I know every word to each song and that's why I watch them alone so that I won't get on anyone's nerves! My favorite song on The Lion King is "Circle of Life" and my favorite song on Pocahontas is "Colors of the Wind!"

10. Cookyes

Cookyes Member

Lion King will forever and always hold a place in my dear heart. This may quiet possibly due to the fact that it's one of the first Disney movies I ever watched when I was younger. I enjoy the upebeat flavor of sound that generates from this wonderful movie even today. Actually I dare to say that If someone asked me which I like better Frozen or Lion King in music choice I'd probably go with Lion King. I just can't see myself being a traitor to my first Disney experience to something that although is amazing is new.

11. kinary

kinary Member

I think I'm a little biased to the Princess Frog just because I love Anika Noni Rose so much. I mean she's frickin amazing. But considering I haven't listened to that as much as I've listened to Enchanted. I'll have to go with Enchanted. I just thought all the songs were so cute and it had James Marsden. I love his voice.

12. mariposa

mariposa Member

I "catch" myself singing and humming a *lot* of Disney tunes so it's hard choosing just one soundtrack! Since that's what I'm doing, though, I'll have to choose The Lion King because so much of the soundtrack has been branded into my memory.

That doesn't mean you won't hear "HEIGH HO, HEIGH HO.... Whistle While You Work coming from me while I'm digging into the housecleaning, though, because you will! ;)