What did Santa leave under your tree?

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Tim, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

He left me:
    Sony Nex-6 with 16-50 kit lens (and free Lightroom 4 - see Gary, maybe there is hope?)
    Sony 55-210
    Sony 16 f/2.8 w/ 12mm adapter
    $100 gift card

Anyone else get any goodies?

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Legos!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Bird droppings... The tree is outside my window by the lake. ;

But I did get myself the Sony e-mount 16mm Wide Angle with Fisheye and Ultra Wide angle conversions.

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

4. Tim

Let me know how you like the fisheye adapter. ;

5. Nikon 35mm 1.8 prime
    & Black Rapid RS Sport-2 strap:)

Next year I'm hoping to go big with a 70-200 2.8!

6. ELinder

ELinder Member

Nikon 35mm f/1.4G
    Although Santa's still agonizing over whether to also jump to FX on the sweet D600 deals going on right now.

Erich

7. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

Santa didn't leave any photography-related stuff under my tree, but I did pull the trigger on a Nikon D7000 that will arrive by the end of the week. ; ;D :eek: :-[ ; Now I have to decide where/how to sell the D5000 and all the associated batteries, chargers, grip, and other gear...

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

No camera gear from Santa for me. ; Got some nice new shoes, couple of good books I've been wanting, a Kindle to read with, a monitor stand for my desktop LCD, and a nice LED reading lamp for my reading chair.

I've still got round 3 coming tonight - stopping by the brother-in-law's house for Christmas dinner, where we'll be exchanging our gifts. ; So a few more little goodies might be coming.

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

No real camera gear for me this year although my sister got me one of those camera lens mugs, so I guess I received some fake camera gear.

10. gary

gary Member

GP-E2, the hotshoe gps unit for the mk3, seems to work pretty neat,

11. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

Santa left me a new Canon 85mm 1.8. I had already picked up a Pentax K-01 when they dropped the prices a couple of week ago. I'm looking forward to trying out my new toys in two weeks at wdw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

12. AlanRappa

AlanRappa Member

My Olympus OMD EM-5 got a lot of love this year:

• Timbuk2 Snoop Messenger Bag (ok, this was a birthday gift - so technically not from Santa)
    • Rokinon 7.5mm Fisheye
    • Triggertrap mobile dongle
    • Wasabi Power battery packs
    • Chromo LED Lighting kit

Lots of gear that I'm eager to put to use in a few weeks at WDW (anyone else going to be there marathon weekend?).

Only thing left on my wishlist was a travel tripod. I'll be leaving my 5DM3 at home for our next WDW, and my Gitzo tripod is a little overkill for the Olympus. Was looking for something super compact, light weight & sturdy. I guess Santa wasn't up to task for that one just yet.

Happy Holidays everyone

13. Tim

The Wasabi's are on my short list. ;
    Is the Rokinon the MF lens?

14. gary

gary Member

check out. oben tripods at ; b&h. i have one for my panny lumix. great, compact, comes with a small ballhead and a bag. can handle the complete lineup of M4/3 lenses and all for about $110

15. AlanRappa

AlanRappa Member

Thanks Gary, will take a look. Hoping to pickup something before our January trip if possible. If the Gear Gods cooperate that is.

As for the Rokinon, yep - MF only, which is a first for me. It hasn't been that terrible, and after around 30 minutes of playing with it you just get used to it. I haven't reviewed my shots yet, so will have to see how well I did with the focus.

I guess the word is for the most part you can set the lens to infinity and just shoot away. Will have to see if that holds up. With the Olympus, you can use the lens in Aperture priority and it will still set shutter speed (read that that is not the case for all cameras) so that's a plus.

Now, do tell more about that NEX-6

16. Left the family a vacation to disney last week in February

17. Tim

The cool thing about the Sony is the focus peaking feature... ; it puts a colored highlight around whatever is in focus when manually focusing... ; real time.

Will tell more later once I've played with it more but the first impressions are that I am McLoving it.

18. Tim

That's a good piece of gift giving right there.

19. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Nothing much for me. ; I got a remote for the XBox and Playstation so I don't have to use the game controllers to play movies for the kids.

Just so I didn't look like I had nothing under the tree, I wrapped up the AppleTV that I bought last month and hadn't opened yet

20. Is the Apple TV worth the 100.00