Welcome to Mr. Disneyland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sean&Karen, May 13, 2011.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Welcome to Disneymagic Mr. Disneyland, ; If you have a few minutes and would like the rest of the group to get to know you, here are a few questions to start.

1. What's your first name?
    2. Do you have a nickname?
    3. What Province do you live in?
    4. How did you find the DisneyMagic.ca forums?
    5. Age (or age range)?
    6. Marital status?
    7. Occupation?
    8. Favorite food?
    9. What vehicle do you have?
    10. Which WDW park is your favorite?
    11. Who is your favorite character in a WDW attraction?
    12. How often do you take a trip to WDW?
    13. Explain your user name/how you came up with it.
    14. How long have you been a Disney addict?

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Welcome Mr. Disneyland to the community. ; You have been a wealth of information already. ; Hope you can post a few more tidbits of history here and there.

3. Welcome to Disneymagic Mr. Disneyland, ; If you have a few minutes and would like the rest of the group to get to know you, here are a few questions to start.

Thank you for the Welcome, been sitting on the sidelines for a few years.

1. What's your first name? Scott
    2. Do you have a nickname? ; Walt
    3. What Province do you live in? ; Saskatchewan
    4. How did you find the DisneyMagic.ca forums? ; Northern Mouse link
    5. Age (or age range)? ; 45
    6. Marital status? ; Married
    7. Occupation? ; Agriculture & Real-estate
    8. Favorite food? My non-favourites would be a much shorter list
    9. What vehicle do you have? I am an auto enthusiast so I have many
    10. Which WDW park is your favorite? ; Magic Kingdom
    11. Who is your favorite character in a WDW attraction? Me likes the redhead in Pirates
    12. How often do you take a trip to WDW? Only been a few times. ; More of a Disneyland man. (I hope that's OK?) embarrassed to divulge the number.
    13. Explain your user name/how you came up with it. Friends often call me Mr. Disneyland or Walt because of my problem
    14. How long have you been a Disney addict? ; Been a long time, last 15 years or so seem to be getting worse, might need to seek help soon.

4. Hi Minnie,

I have a lot of Disneyland tidbits. I think your readers might get sick of this. I best just slide one in every so often. Above the Pirates and connecting Club 33 was to be Walt and Roy's new larger and more lavish apartment. Now it's the dream suite but for many years it housed the Disney Gallery and was one of my favourite stops while visiting Disneyland. You could stroll around the various rooms of the apartment shopping for books, art or the odd souvenir. It was fun knowing it was to be their apartment as you could easily see the small kitchen or bar counter that held the till, right behind the till was a little fridge and sink. I love stuff like that. there is a small outside air-conditioned patio secluded from the park where my wife and I would eat ice-cream. The patio was always open and I never saw anyone use it but us. A patio table & chairs just waiting for anyone. When walking by look up at the wrought-iron railing on the front balcony and you will notice a W & R for Walt & Roy.

if you know all this stuff let me know

5. deblen4

deblen4 Member

Thanks for the info, it's all new to me. ; We hope to make a trip to Disneyland some day. ; It's just so much easier for us to fly into Florida. ; I'd like to combine a Disney / California trip with a nice car cruise in a classic.

6. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Oh no, you said Disney Gallery. ; Sean has been dying to buy some art and I am sure we will stop by there for sure. ; Of course he will look at the art and I will keep my eye out for the apartment things. ; And no don't know any of this stuff. ; Most of the people I believe are more Disney World travellers, but there are a few of us out in the west/Ontario here that do get to Disneyland.

7. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Welcome Mr. Disneyland to the forums we never get sick of tips and information.

8. Hi deblen4
    Let me know when you are cruise'n to Disneyland with that classic we will do the same.

Thank you for the friendly welcome Northern Mouse, I think I will like it here.

9. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

welcome !

10. obo101

obo101 Member

Welcome Mr D. ; Glad to see another Prairie Boy at Disney Magic. ; Lots to see and do around here and by the sounds of it, you have lots to offer. ; Input always welcome. ;

11. Thanks, obo101

These friendly welcomes bring to mind Walt Disney's welcome to Disneyland in his opening day speech. I am sure you all know it. Next time you are in Disneyland listen to the telegraph ticking from the New Orleans Train Station office. It is Walt's opening day speech, or a few lines of it anyway. By the way that Station was once the Frontierland Station and was also featured in 'The American Adventure' at Epcot.