WDW DVC Premium Annual - $399!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

From the DVC Member website... ; what an awesome deal!

[hr][/hr]
    A Memorable Year…
    The past year has been an exciting time to be a Disney Vacation Club Member. From the one-year anniversary of our newest resort, Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas in Ko Olina, Hawai'i, to the much-anticipated announcement of plans for a future property at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, the Disney Vacation Club team has been hard at work looking for new ways to bring magic to your Membership.

Some highlights include the introduction of Tables in Wonderland to the Walt Disney World selection of Member perks, access to a preview of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park, and the addition or refresh of Member events in Florida, California and Hawai'i!

Now, See the World and Save Even More…

The successes of the past year are just the beginning. Looking forward, the team is thrilled to be able to provide a sneak peak at two fantastic Member Perks that will become available on Oct 1:

; ; From October 1 through December 31, 2012, Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399 (that's a savings of $300 off the regular price!)*. Premium Annual Passholders enjoy unlimited admission to four Theme Parks, a year's worth of unlimited access to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fees only) and more!

; ; Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.
    ;
    ; October 1 will also mark the launch of a new ongoing Member perk – 10% off merchandise** at all Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Parks and Resorts at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I wish this was in our "timeframe" for buying AP's. ; We buy every other year and just got ours this past summer, so not due to purchase and activate until summer of 2014. ; I would totally jump on this if I we were going to activate it next summer. ; One can hope it will be done again I suppose.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

You would have until December 2013 to activate them... But if you really think about it, you are not really saving $300 as that is off the price of the Non-Discounted Premium Price. ; If you normally purchase the regular AP, you save about $80. ; Now dont get me wrong, $80 is $80 and you then get the premium bonuses. ; So it looks like I will be buying this in december for Pixelmania.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Premium AP (non-disc) = $745 (+$50 tax) (~$300 savings)
    Regular AP (non-disc) = $612 (+$43) (~$250 savings)
    Premium AP (DVC) = $595 (+$40 tax) (~$230 savings)
    Regular AP (DVC) = $452 (+$33 tax) (~$85 savings)

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

4. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

WOW - I am going to guess APs are not doing well ... So they are trying to spark some interest and see where the lower price leads ...

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

It might also help if they treated the AP holders better too.

Another Incredible poster using Tapatalk 2!

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Totally agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Well, at least APs within the DVC community. ; As far as I can tell it is a discount for DVC only.

Sent from my iPhone...

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

It is, but I think even the resident ap sales are down as they are advertising like crazy for them down here. No discount like this though, just pushing the monthly payment plan.

Another Incredible poster using Tapatalk 2!

9. Tim

Now if you're an AP in DL, you're royalty. ; Very strange.

10. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Disney world is a corporate business and Disney land isn't so its not hard to see why you are treated better in one park then the other..

11. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

The Florida discount version of the normal annual pass is still the way to go for me, though I'll admit the premium addition for that price is quite nice. ; I just wouldn't get enough out of it as I don't really use the waterparks.

I'd be surprised to hear the annual passes are down, because to my eyes over the past 3-4 years, park attendance overall has been WAAAAY up...if it's not APers, that means more people buying regular passes, which would be more profitable to Disney anyway. ; I know for sure there's no such thing as a 'down time' anymore in the parks like there used to be - I always fondly remember trips in early January, mid-February, and September, where I would walk through almost empty parks - walking directly onto the Big Thunder trains with no line, or being in the England pavilion in Epcot and having no other person there at the same time. ; So they're filling the parks nearly year-round now, with either medium or high attendance, but no more empty days.

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

From reading another board (DVC themed) it seems like a good number of "older" DVCers are taking "Resort Only" vacations with limited excursions into the parks. ; I would also surmise that while anyone with an AP spends more of food in the parks (due to more overall days in the parks) that they also spend less on souveniers. ; I know that my overall souvenier spending dropped to less than $100 per trip with the exception of buying pins and vinylmation figures.

13. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Red: ; Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

14. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'd say that's true of me - I spend very little on souvenirs and clothing/etc at the parks...not even enough to be worth measuring. ; But at the same time, I spend VERY high amounts on food as both a DVC member and annual passholder. ; Because all my other Disney expenses are paid in lump sums in dues or renewals, my frequent trips to Disney come down to gas to get there, and food. ; So I'm usually willing to splurge quite a bit - hitting all the high-end restaurants at night, hitting bars with family, etc. ; It's generally common for me to run $100-150 per day per person food costs overall on my Disney trips.

I sort of do the 'resort only' idea, though not quite that literally since I do have the annual pass. ; But I do often spend smaller amounts of time in the parks on some days, heading in at noon rather than morning, leaving at 6pm, heading to a resort, having a long relaxing dinner, taking a walk afterwards...sometimes I can go through a park, or even two in a day, and hit no more than 2 rides...I'll take photos, eat, walk, talk to people, hang out on a bench, go through walk-through exhibits, take boat rides, etc. ; So it's definitely not going to the parks as most people do - with a scripted plan, early morning rope-drop starts, family racing for fast passes, cramming in as many rides as possible till close, then passing out in their rooms with throbbing red feet and a headache!

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

And I think that is the greatest part of being a DVCer in that you don't have to be a park commando every trip. ; I travel about the same as you and my friends who go down once in a lifetime or have never been act like I'm nuts for not being in the parks from open to close. ; As for the PAP discount, unless we are looking at WestCoastPM2K14, I wouldn't need that second voucher for the end of next year (I am currently looking at west coast for jan 14).

Sent from my iPhone...

16. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

17. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

thanks for posting Tim!! We always get one premium pass for the 20% discount. This is a good deal for us!

18. gary

gary Member

i still go commando, oh wait a minute we are talking about park touring. oh never mind

19. Tim

Pixelmania 2013. Now with 100% more water park fun?

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

As long as no one wears a speedo...
    NO, DON'T TRY PICTURING IT!!! YOU WILL GO BLIND!!!