WAKE UP, people!!

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Sep 27, 2013.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Double meaning in that title, one fun and one sarcastic.

First, the fun - I did something rare, odd, amazing, and very unlike me on this last trip to Disney. ; Yes, really...I did. ; I...wait for it...WOKE UP AT SUNRISE! ; I know, crazy, right? ; For someone who sleeps in until 10-11am on Disney trips...what kind of strange spell was I under? ; Well my room at BLT ended up facing the lake directly, and after watching the moon rise on the first evening right dead-center out my windows, I found myself thinking about actually seeing a sunrise, with the view so perfectly centered. ; So at about 7am, I woke up lightly, realized I was just a bit before the sunrise, and pulled open the window curtains to watch the show. ; Here are a few early morning snaps just after the sun poked up, snapped with my NEX-5N:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, about 15 minutes later, I pulled the curtains closed and went back to sleep until 10:30am, when I woke again for the official coffee-and-English-muffin breakfast.

The second sarcastic meaning of the title...where is everyone!? ; Boards have been slow...lets UP the activity folks - Pixelmania is just around the corner!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I see what you mean Justin! ; I did the same thing in December with a similar view (only I then went to the parks as I am ; rope drop guy).

[​IMG]
    Some fog on Bay Lake by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

And it has been a little slow, the ebbs and flow of the boards eh?

3. zackiedawg

I wish I'd get fog - for some reason that's something that has always eluded me at Disney, despite the fact that I've gone in every single month of the year over a 42 year period!

Indeed - the boards have been a bit slow of late. ; They definitely go through phases. ; Hopefully with Pixelmania approaching, it will get more lively over the next few months.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

The fog was great that morning. ; I know I posted this elsewhere on the boards, but this was what I saw if I craned my neck enought to look right from my blacony. ; It was shortly after the sunrise.

[​IMG]
    Fog and the early rush to Magic Kingdom by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

5. zackiedawg

Same Sunrise - closeups

Here are a few more of the sunrise, this time taken with my DSLR, and 300mm F4 APO lens and 1.4x TC from my balcony:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a few with my 18-250mm lens on the DSLR:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  6. I really love the close up one of the boat. The textures and colors are excellent.

~Joanie

7. zackiedawg

Thank you Joanie...I did really like the color play where the wind ripples and boat wake changed the orange glow over to blues and blacks. ; I almost missed it because I was paying more attention to the wider shots.