Vintage Everest

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by rickenmartin78, May 16, 2012.

1. One of my favorites of Everest. ; I have to figure out a way to add some scratches or other noise. ; Some paper creases and bends would be good in print.

[​IMG]
    IMG_2260.JPG by rickenmartin78, on Flickr

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Just a hunch (not near a PC with PSP on it) but Paint Shop Pro I believe has a tool for doing this with many options to choose from.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

PSP Ultimate with the Nik Color Efex plug-in would do exactly what you are trying to do. ; Great treatment so far. ; I like the look and ; feel to this.

4. Ah...

I'm doing all post work on a Mac. ; No Corel for me. :(

5. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Nice!!! Have you tried taking a grunge image & setting it as a layer on top of the photo, then you can set the transparency level where you want it? That is a method that works well if you have the means of working with layers.

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool shot. ; Love the old look to it and that it looks like you took this in Asia and not DAK. ; I see the Flickr worked as well.

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice! ; I like the old faded look.

8. Thats cool! A lot of pictures in the Everest queue are starting to look like that! LOL

9. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

I absolutely love that shot. ; Is this post processed to this effect or something in camera ?

10. It's entirely post processed in Aperture 3. ; The majority of change came from the "vintage" preset with some heavy vignetting. ; I also sharpened up the mountain as well. ; Here's what the original looked like:

[attachimg=1]

Granted this stuff is from my point-and-shoot days (recently left behind). ; I'm looking forward to tackling similar views now that I've graduated to a DSLR.

Attached Files: