Views from Bay Lake Tower

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by jbwolffiv, Apr 3, 2013.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

We had a studio for Christmas week with a lake view. ; This is the view from our balcony as you looked to the right. ; It was so nice to be able to spend time on the balcony of a resort and not loose about 5 lbs. while sweating.

[​IMG]
    Sunset at Contemporary and Seven Seas Lagoon by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

That's one of the room locations I'm hoping to get in September! ; Either one looking to Magic Kingdom (I have a lake view, but some of them are still able to get good looks at MK), or this particular view would be my choice. ; I like that you can see towards Contemporary, or still see out to the lake to the left.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I would want this view each and every time. ; We could see all of Bay Lake (except for the very far left). ; I have some nice sunrise shots from here as well, gotta get them up.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Sometimes even the standard rooms have great views. ; A couple years ago at pixelmania, i had a standard room on the sixth floor that technically overlooked the loading dock. ; However, if i stood on the left side of the balcony and looked right, i had a great view of the lake. ; And if i stood on the right side looking left i had a fantastic view of the Kingdom. ; Only when leaning on the rail and looking straight down did i ever see the dock.

Sent by using Tapatalk...

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

We did a Castle view once, and it was nice, yet after the first day or so, it was more a parking lot, THEN the Magic Kingdom. ; So we try to go standard each time now. ; Lake view was all that was available for that week.

Here is another view, this time early morning with some fog on the far side of Bay Lake.

[​IMG]
    Some fog on Bay Lake by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work John! ; Perfect timing on getting the boat in the glint on the lake

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

That's what I like! ; Precisely the type of view I'm hoping to get, and the type of scene I'm hoping to witness and shoot. ; I love lake vistas, morning fog, and sunsets or sunrises. ; I always loved the view of sunset over by Grand Floridian from Contemporary, but since that view will be blocked by the Contemporary, the sunset over Bay Lake is the next best thing.