Vacation Home Rentals?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by tinkerbell, Nov 3, 2007.

1. tinkerbell

tinkerbell Member

Has anone here ever rented a vacation home instead of staying at a hotel? We are doing this for the first time in December. We've always stayed on-site, but decided we would like a bit more room and freedom this trip.

2. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

I know of some friends that rented a vacation home and they just loved it, there were two families together and there was plenty of room for all of them. ; I believe they had their own pool also.

For us, we have stayed off-site but after the first time staying on-site that was it, we would not stay off again. ;

3. I've put some clients in an offsite vacation home because they had 3 or 4 kids, the All Star Music family suite/ Port Orleans Riverside (w. trundle) was booked, and they just couldn't afford a deluxe. ; It's not my preferred option. ; There are many perks that Disney provides only to resort guests, and its very difficult to ensure you are getting quality if you go with independent. ; Have to ensure there are safeguards and protection for you. ; Look for references, and check whether any TAs have used them.

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Great advice from Sheila. Count on about an hour from your off site house until your in one of the parks.
    Friends rented a house last they had a good time, the lucked out and house the rented was great.

A co-worker of mine has a 3 bedroom condo about 7 minutes from Disney property. Checked out his complex last time we went down looks nice.

http://floridaxyz.com/index.htm

5. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Provided that there is no construction. ::)

The last) time I rented a house to visit WDW, what should of been no more than a 10 minute drive home from Epcot took us over an hour! ; UGGH!!!

That aside, renting a house is SO much fun, provided you're with the right group of people. ; Especially if you have your own pool!!!

6. myasmum

myasmum Member

We rented a house which was apx 30min drive to WDW, it was GREAT 4 bedroom 2 bathroom, private pool and everything else you would need EXCELLENT Price. ; This was our 1st family vacation and 1st time to WDW and loved it, I would highly recommend this place