TSA has a new blog!

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Roger, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

5 employees of the TSA are the bloggers and their stated purpose is to "provide...a forum for a lively, open discussion of TSA issues".

It's called "Evolution of Security" and it's located here: http://www.tsa.gov/blog

It's been open for just over 24 hours, and they say that they've received over 700 comments, not all of them published, from questions about the policies to "downright mean and cranky but that’s okay too."

I'm reading their "Inconsistencies" comment area and this may be a good idea.

Phoenix was requiring all DVD players to be removed from bags a la laptop computers, but Austin doesn't. Glad I don't travel from SFO! Imagine having to take ALL of your camera(s), lenses, photo storage devices out and place them in a bin. Then repack them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i can't wait til some of THOSE comments start making their way around the old email circle. i can't believe that it's under the official tsa.gov domain, to boot.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

It's funny that it's there but they're using blogger underneath. The comments page goes through to blogger.com

4. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Thanks for the link. I thought it was going to be an independent blog that would accept that the TSA system is faulty and unlawful. The comments are very good.

5. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I think I posted a comment before but it didn't show up.

6. Dan

Dan Member

I'm not even looking. It's a way to make people think that their government is listening to them. I feel sorry for the people who apparently have to sit at a computer and tell all these people that their federal government loves them and that the things the TSA does are for their protection.

It's a mockery of what blogging was supposed to be about.