Trey Ratcliff's photo of HTH Lobby

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by Grumpwurst, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Trey Ratcliff (Stuck in Customs) took a trip to Walt Disney World last week where he met up with tech pundit Robert Scoble and Disney Cast Member/Geek/Vidcaster Keith Barrett.

Trey threw up his first post containing a picture taken from that trip where he was able to talk his way beyond the velvet rope in the lobby of the Tower of Terror

http://www.stuckincustoms.com/2011/07/1 ... of-terror/

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool shot!! ; I even read up on the whole HDR thing, since I am totally new to that idea!

3. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

I just finished his book. ; Very inspiring!! ; His shots are amazing. ; Wonder if he got special access for that shot or did he have to get it while standing in line? ; Silly question!

4. Grumpwurst

I spoke to him on Google+. ; He had been hanging out in the "Library" (where the video shows) and popping out between sessions to try and take pictures of the lobby. ; A cast member noticed this and started asking questions. ; He said he pulled out his iPad and showed her his portfolio and the cast member said she would be right back. ; When she came back, he was given access to the other side of the rope.

On his website, he said a future post would go into greater detail on how he was allowed to duck under the rope

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I saw that shot and too thought it was really cool. ; Thanks for sharing a little more of the back story of it.

6. ELinder

ELinder Member

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the image? On my iPad all I see is a blank post.

Erich

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Eric... I had the same problem. ; What you need to do is finger press and hold on the post, then select "more options" and select "view in safari". ; This will open up the forum thread in safari and you can watch the video. ; Once done press the "done" (or back arrow) at the top of the screen to return to tapatalk.
    brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

8. ELinder

ELinder Member

Thanks, that did it. I wonder what it is about that post that TapaTalk doesn't like.

Erich

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

although i SERIOUSLY disdain HDR photos, trey has some serious skills and his photos are fantastic. ; this shot is not exception.

10. Grumpwurst

From all the pictures I've seen on Trey's website, it seems that he's figured out a way to make HDR more palatable. ; The pictures he's been putting up on Google+ from his trip to China are amazing

11. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I was at AK the same day and saw he tweeted he was headed to DHS, then Epcot, then MK. ; Each time I considered changing my plans to become a stalker but managed to contain myself. ; I do really enjoy his work.

Where's the love brah?