Tower of Terror "Service Elevator"

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by Scott, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Scott

Scott Member

This is it really begins (or should we say ENDS??). This is the middle loading area (there are three) that wasn't being used on this day. There weren't many people waiting (early opening hour), so I held back for a minute and grabbed this shot by holding my camera steady on a rail...

[​IMG]

2. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Fantastic picture! I feel you truly captured the environment. It's like being there. Great job!

3. joedisney

joedisney Member

This is somewhere I have never been, nor will ever be! So thanks for the great photo of it!

4. Fantastic lighting! :eek: how slow of a shutter speed did you use?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. Scott

Scott Member

Thanks, dawholagn! Its quite an environment to capture - lots of people miss all the details because they're in a hurry to get on the ride.

Joe (and Tim) - you MUST ride this! Its much less intense than Rockin' Roller Coaster (you have been on that, right?)

Thanks, Kelly. This was done at ISO800, 1/2 second at f3.2

Hey, this multi-quote thing works well!

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i agree, scott. that pic is awesome... fine fine fine...i'll go on the darn thing this trip :)

7. gary

gary Member

we could have a meet, fill the car up and all use point n shoots to capture the looks on our faces?
    gary

8. Scott

Scott Member

Excellent!!!
    [​IMG]

9. Scott, that's amazing (I assume 1/2 sec handheld?). Moreso the fact that you can make the place empty when you shoot it. I tried shooting that same angle 8 times and it's always way too packed to even position myself accordingly, let alone taking a shot. :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i...will...get...this...shot...

muhahahahahaha

11. Scott

Scott Member

Well, sort of handheld - I was resting the camera on a railing. I took about 10 different shots to make sure that at least one of them was sharp.

12. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

You did great! May I ask what you were shooting with?

13. Scott

Scott Member

Thanks! This was done with my all-time favorite digicam, the Sony DSC-R1. It has a DSLR sensor with the advantage of a "live preview" and a top-notch lens.