TOT Lobby Photos

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by dawholagn, Nov 14, 2006.

1. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Here's my TOT lobby photos. I really wanted to get the directory board too, but felt too rushed by everyone else who wanted to get on the ride. :-\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My selective coloring shot:
    [​IMG]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

EXCELLENT...nice job. i have GOT to go on this ride (or at least lurk in the queue for a bit) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Thanks! I loved this ride. It's both visually and physically thrilling.

4. barrie

barrie Member

I like the tilt on the elevator photo - gives you the sense of it falling!

5. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Thanks Barrie,

I had never experienced this ride before I took this picture... yet I knew what I was in for. Therefore i tried to frame each picture with despair and dread. It worked; even though I walked of the ride with a big ol' grin on my face. ;D Disney magic!

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

the selective use of post processing on these really adds to the impact, imo. i usually dont care for super photochopped images but in this series it is quite appropriate. i gotta get over it and go on this one... :(

7. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Thanks Tim,

The reason I went for the chopped look on the elevator was due to color. That one block of the image seemed to have a great deal of color and interest, while the rest of the image seemed to be a little tame. After all, it's an elevator door... then again, not just any elevator. ;)

8. Scott

Scott Member

Excellent job. The use of B&W is especially appropriate for the subject.

9. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Thanks, Scott. I found that B&W not only conveyed the age and desperation of the subject, but also added a bit of depth to the room. It gave it more of an actual hotel lobby feel as opposed to a queue area feel.

10. joedisney

joedisney Member

these rock!

11. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Thanks, joedisney! ;D

12. the second picture is astonishing !!! :eek:

13. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Thank you, Kelly!

Here's another one that I finally got around to.

[​IMG]

14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

This was my second attempt at a ToT lobby shot. Added a little fill lighting and I have my camera WB set for warm colors (Auto -3 to be exact). Next time, I'm going to kneel down and get more of the room.

[​IMG]

15. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Nice! I really like the warm lighting, Scott! Makes some really sweet tones!

16. DisneyVixen

DisneyVixen Member

What fantastic pictures!! Lately I cannot get enough of ToT. It's about time you go for it, Tim... lol