Top of the World Holiday Wishes

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Mar 29, 2013.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

My wife, daughter, and I decided a year ago to stay the week of Christmas and wanted to stay in Bay Lake Tower for location close to MK. ; One benefit is Top of the World Lounge. ; For shooting Wishes there is little worry for finding a spot even at this time of year. ; I think this is why they have opened the lounge to any DVC member, to get some more traffic up there. ; I have been up there to see Wishes about 8 times in the last few years and never has it been overly busy. ; So here are a few shots I got that night.

[​IMG]
    Wishes from TOTW - Reds by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Wishes from TOTW - Dual Reds by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Wishes from TOTW - Colors by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

2. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Nice John. I love the side burst. This gives a good perspective of just how high they really are.

3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Beautiful shots John! and great colors!

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks!

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very nice. ; Indeed, I tried that out during Pixelmania too, since I didn't attend the MVMCP - the BLT was still open to DVC members, so I decided to shoot from up there. ; Neat view - though it was my first time and I could have done a little better with the settings and the framing. ; I'll do better next time, now that I know where the fireworks go off and how far to focus and frame! ; I'll be staying in BLT for the first time this September, so I'm looking forward to getting a lot of shot opportunities up there. ; :)

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Justin. ; It is great to be able to just head up there when staying there. ; Go up an hour before the show, have a drink, maybe a snack at well (love the pretzel sticks) and then head out to set up. ; No pressure like being in MK.

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Fyi, Top of the World Lounge is still open to all DVC Members...

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

8. zackiedawg

Wow - they've extended it some more?? ; I was amazed when we were there for Pixelmania that they had extended into December...I'm surprised it's now even further extended. ; Hmmm - I am almost hoping it will be closed to DVC members by September...just so it feels like something more special when I'm staying there!! ; ;)

9. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Yeah, no kidding. TOTW new policy is kind of a shame. I liked that it was only available to BLT guests.
    But, no one was ever up there, so this seems to work so far. Its better than WDW closing it

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I was not happy when they announced this Perk for all members, as that is a home resort for me. ; Then I went up there Christmas week and was sold that it is not a problem. ; Even 2 days before Christmas was kind of empty. ; We got a seat by the glass and there were not too many people outside for the show, and I want to say it was not too cold, maybe in the 50's. ; We may use this in the summer when staying at Beach Club.

11. zackiedawg

I certainly took advantage of it - I was up there in September with a friend, in December for Pixelmania, and in January to show my mother, all three times I wasn't staying there. ; So I can't be too critical of the policy which I took advantage of. ; But I still thought it was going to be a limited time thing - I suppose the economics of it make sense - and as long as it doesn't draw big crowds, I suppose it will be OK. ; Most times it didn't feel too crowded, though during Pixelmania, there were no tables or chairs available in the bar so it was semi-crowded...but at fireworks time the outdoor viewing area wasn't crowded at all.

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Here is another one, a little blown out, but I liked the colors on the edges of the burst.

[​IMG]
    Wishes from TOTW by jbwolffiv, on Flickr