Tokyo Disneyland

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by kevings, Nov 2, 2008.

1. kevings

kevings Member

Hey all!

Been a while since I posted here, and the last time I checked in I was asking about Tokyo Disneyland. ; Well, I went and had a fantastic time. ; We spent 3 nights at the resort, staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay. ; It was surreal at times seeing attractions that I know well being totally in Japanese, but you get used to it.

Tokyo Disneyland is one of those place where you feel like you should know where everything is because it is so familiar. ; But everything is off by just >this< much. ; The only major attraction we didn't see was Haunted Mansion, as it was undergoing it's annual transformation to Holiday mode. ; If we had stayed ONE day longer we could have seen that. ; Winnie the Pooh's Hunny Hunt is the highlight of the park. ; A really fun ride. ; The newest attraction there was the Stitch Enchanted Tiki Room. ; They really love the little blue guy over there. ; Both the daytime and nighttime parades were awesome. ; The fireworks were a disappointment.

Tokyo DisneySea is one of the most awesome parks I have ever been to in my life. ; You could spend days here soaking in the ambiance without even going on a ride. ; But you should do the rides because they are some of the best in the Disney pantheon. Journey to the Center of the Earth is one of my new favourites. ; The Japanese spin on Tower of Terror is really fun, the way they combine 3D film and live actors in the Magic Eye Theater is awesome, and Sindbad is a fantastic descendant of Pirates.

If anyone has any thought of going to the Tokyo Disney resort, I say do it!

I have pictures on my flickr page.http://www.flickr.com/photos/37232177@N ... ons/ ; That will take you to my Japan collection, Disney is on Day One (had to go there first because 2 major TDS rides would be down for rehab when we returned) and days 12 -15.

Any questions, let me know!

Kevings