TMIP Special Report – Carousel of Progress / Who is This Kid?

Discussion in 'The Magic In Pixels.com Featured Content' started by Tim, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Interesting quandary you put out there. I always thought it was the daughter at a younger age, but never put the timeline together. Now I have to go do some digging. I bet I know someone who knows the answer to this. . .

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I bet the person you are thinking of does not... Or at least at the time this was written he did not.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9835/The_Carousel_of_Progress_Cast

An article I found by Jim Korkis about the cast of Carousel. And if you type in the question to google it goes way back in discussion forums with apparently no definitive answer.

4. Tim

This is a question that has bothered me for quite some time. Let me do some more snooping around myself!

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I think that maybe the initial thinking is that each era is a different family, even though the narrator stays the same (at least in voice). Realistically, the entire family ages very little until the 2000's in the final scene. The kids start out in maybe the 10-14 age range and end in the 18-24 age range (in my opinion). The other question is why Patty's hair color changes? It starts as brunette in the first scene then changes to blonde in the remaining ones. It's all a conspiracy for the Robot Overthrow in 2025...

6. ayesell

ayesell Member

I like that they keep making changes to stay relevant. The only change that I was not in favour of was the theme song. The old one just seemed to be the right fit.

7. Tim

@ayesell which song? Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow or Now is the Time?

8. ayesell

ayesell Member

Now is the time seemed to me to be to be the best fit for that presentation. Others may have a different view on this.

9. Tim

@ayesell that one just doesn't seem quite so upbeat. Seems to have a less cheerful tone than great big beautiful tomorrow. Personal opinion.